Sunday, February 10, 2019

A Magical Unicorn Birthday

I always see things (dies, stamps, inks) that I want.   And then I purchase them.  They arrive, I put them in a drawer for another day - and often forget to get them out and use them.

Case in point -  the wonderful Lawn Fawn Reveal Wheel dies and stamps and the Neat & Tangled Magical Day stamps and dies which I purchased months ago thinking I'd use them to make a card for my unicorn-loving youngest grand niece.
So yesterday was the day I got them out -  inspired by two challenges.

And here is the fun card I made for Madelyn -  who will be 5 in April 
(shhh - don't tell her about the card!)

I personalized the top of her card using my Brother Label Maker.   
And the birthday sentiment stamp really says "wishing you a wonderful birthday", but I only inked the Wishing You A and the Birthday and then stamped the MAGICAL in the space that happened to be just big enough!

I took 4 pictures to show you the 4 words from the sentiment set that I stamped on the wheel so you see each one as you turn the wheel.    FABULOUS  AMAZING  AWESOME  MAGICAL
I colored the unicorn using Tombow Markers pushing the color around the area with a Clear Glitter Wink of Stella -  below you can hopefully see the wonderful glittery shine!  
Jennifer McGuire has a YouTube Video on this coloring technique here.

My inspiration from the Splitcoaststampers Inspiration Challenge was this unicorn from the web store Accessorize

Make an interactive card.

Stamps:  Reveal Wheel Sentiments - Lawn Fawn, Neat & Tangled Magical Day.
Paper:  white, Hibiscus Burst, DP Bitty Big Pale Peony - PTI, Strathmore Bristol Smooth Surface.
Ink:  Hero Hues Black
Accessories: Reveal Wheel Die Set - Lawn Fawn, Magical Day Dies - Neat & Tangle, foam dots, Brother Label Maker, Tombow Markers, Clear Glitter Wink of Stella, tiny brad.  

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

What an adorable and fun card for Madelyn! It is magical!

ankitag612 said...

Wow wow wow! Love how you personalized the card. Now this is very very inspiring! I am sure this card made Madelyn very very happy. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

ankitag612 said...

I am sorry I meant, will make*

Mac Mable said...

So glad you brought out the fun image stamps and dies. Madelyn will love this unique and personal card. How thoughtful of you to make her one very special card. Love the design and the fun different sentiments x

Redanne said...

I wish I could say that I don't do exactly the same as you - lol.

Madelyn's card is beautiful, I love the circular slider idea and I bet she is absolutely delighted when her birthday comes round! Hugs, Anne xx

Christine Alexander said...

what 5yr old wouldn't love to have a card like this. such a great interactive card. Julia, I'm so glad you pulled it out from your draw :)

Kim Heggins said...

What a fun card...love your sweet unicorn and your changing sentiments, so clever!

SewPaperPaint said...

This is such a fun concept and a beautiful card my friend! It's great to get to see what you've been up to as I've missed your beautiful work. Big hugs from SC, Autumn