Wednesday, July 11, 2012

WMS July Forum Christmas Card Challenge

The Waltzingmouse Forum has a monthly Christmas Card Challenge posted in the Playroom  - the new challenge is posted on the 10th of each month - so July's was just put up -  and it's to use ORANGE on your card!  Certainly a very non-traditional color for Christmas!

I thought it was going to be really hard to create with this color -  but I found once I picked out the stamps I wanted to use and what shades of orange - it was easy and actually came out looking like Christmas!!  Don't you think??  I used Terrecotta Tile card stock with white - and for inks I used Memento Tangelo and Bamboo Leaves.  I added an orange rhinestone to the tree and green rhinestones to the poinsettia style flowers.  It all went together so quickly - I made 5 of them this month (I now have 40 cards in my Christmas box!)
I used the Waltzingmouse Nordic Winter stamp set for my cards this month - a set with some wonderful single stamps as well as several background/border stamps - all in the pretty cross stitch style!

So how about joining us each month??!!   Check it out in the Playroom of the WMS forum!

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Nordic Winter
Paper:  White, Terrecotta Tile - PTI
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Tangelo & Bamboo Leaves
Accessories:  Rhinestones - Kaiser Craft

6 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow love those images on your card...what great stamps...your card is amazing...love it

Lynn Mercurio said...

You SO rocked this challenge, Julia. I love your Nordic Christmas images, and yes - it IS amazing how great orange looks on Christmas cards. Well done, my friend.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Mary Marsh said...

I love what you created with the challenge color Julia-the cards remind me of cross-stitching-and I am so jealous that you have 40 cards made for Christmas-that was one of my goals that I did not keep (well so far)this year

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Perfect design and stamping! Love these Christmas cards Julia!

CJ Mulcahy said...

Amazing Talent. Keep up the good work. You inspire me to want to cut things up and play with glue.