Monday, July 16, 2012

A Happy Woody Birthday


I made this card for the Featured Stamper challenge over on Split Coast yesterday. Cynthia (StampinAK) was the FS and I chose to case the most recent card in her gallery - a masculine Happy Birthday

It's always good to have guy cards on hand. I used a different vehicle image, used a square instead of circle for my image and used different papers. I added a ribbon and a button with bling for good measure!!  Cynthia didn't color her image so I left mine uncolored as well.  I was tempted to color it in - but decided to leave it Clean and Simple!

My vintage woody and Happy Birthday are from Rubbernecker Stamps.  The wood grain paper is from the Country Boutique 6x6 paperpad by Fancy Pants - a recent purchase!  I thought it was the perfect background for my 'Woody' wagon!

I'm back to work after my time off last week -  but am actually happy to be in air-conditioning - this whole week is supposed to be HOT AND HUMID!!

I'll be back tomorrow to participate in the July Waltzingmouse Blog Party -  will you join in as well?!  You can find all the details here.

Stamps: Rubbernecker - Happy Birthday #2 #40-17, Woody #567-01  
Paper: Vintage Cream, Smokey Shadow - PTI, DP Country Boutique 6x6 paperpad - Fancy Pants  
Ink: Archival Coffee  
Accessories: glue dot, foam tape, ribbon - May Arts, button - PTI, rectangle Nestabilities, rhinestone - Kaiser

3 comments:

Ellen Taylor said...

Love the old woody! Perfect background for it! Awesome masculine card my friend! I'll send you are rain!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful ccard Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Joan Ervin said...

This is a fantastic guy card, Julia...gotta love that cute little woody!!!!!