Friday, July 6, 2012

Dressing up the Jute Bags!

Hi friends!   It's the start of the weekend - Yippee!!  and double Yippee for me because I'm on vacation for a week!  I'm just going to be at home as DH doesn't have the week off -  but the weather is supposed to be perfect summer weather - so I'll be in the yard gardening, sunning a little (with the sunscreen on, of course!), going to a small circus with my sister, my niece and grand nephew and there will be some stampin' goin' on I'm sure!

Today I have a fun project to share with you that is posted over on the Pouch Mart Blog.  I'd SO appreciate it if you'd check it out and maybe leave a comment?!  (the comment button is at the TOP of the post)

So here they are -  my dressed up Jute Bags!   How'd I dress them up???  by spray painting them with Silver Spray Paint!  I got the idea from good ole' Martha Stewart.
 I made a pom pom flower out of pink raffia and pinned it to the bag with the sentiment tag.


All my stamps are from Waltzingmouse.  All supplies are listed below.

You'll find all the details and more pics on how I made these over at the Pouch Mart Blog.
Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Get Well Gift Bag:  Stamps – Waltzingmouse – Fancy Phrases, Paper – Hibiscus Burst – Papertrey Ink,  Ink – Versafine Onyx Black, Accessories – Pink Raffia & 5″ x 7″ natural jute bagPouchMart, keytag punch – Stampin’Up, safety pin – JoAnn’s fabric, silver spray paint – Rust-Oleum Metallic/Loews, Eclipse tape.

Bravo Gift Bag: Stamps – Waltzingmouse – Fancy Phrases, Paper – White- Papertrey Ink, Ink – Versafine Onyx Black, Accessories – 5″ x7″ natural jute bagPouchMart, small oval punch – Stampin’Up, ScorTape, silver sticky beads – Michaels, Eclipse tape, ScorTape.

Bride and Groom Gift Bag: 5″ x 7″ natural jute bagPouchMart, Stamps – Waltzingmouse - Big Day Additions, Paper – white – Papertrey Ink, gold – Michaels, Ink – Versafine Onyx Black, Accessories – Fancy Tags 2/Spellbinders, fringe border die – Memory Box, silver spray paint – Rust-Oleum Metallic/Loews, Eclipse Tape, ScorTape, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, silver sticky pearl – Michaels.

15 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous! What great ideas.

Annette Allen said...

wow these are so fun...i totally love these jute bags...awesome idea..

Jean Martin said...

Oh my goodness!!! What a great idea! Sooo beautiful!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fab collection of jute bags Julia! Thanks for the inspiration!

Joyce said...

These bags are really wonderful.

Ellen Taylor said...

You are so creative Julia! Love your little bags!!

Sylvia said...

Your bags are fun, Julia and a great idea, clever decorations as well. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving sweet comments. Hope to see some of your Christmas cards soon.

A Consuming Passion said...

How sweet these are! Love mixing fabric with stamps.

~amy~ said...

happy vaca julia!!!

These pouches are awesome!!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS!!~

Deborah Frings said...

This is a really fun idea - and they all look so elegant!

Mara Campbell said...

These are so fabulous Julia!!! I love bags and these are great, love the silver. I hope you have a great vacation, too!

Joan Ervin said...

You did an awesome job on thses cute little bags, Julia....love the details you added and the addition of the silver is a great idea!!!!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

These bags are sooo cute! I love the spray painting - makes them so festive!!

Katie said...

The bags look awesome aunt Julia!