Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Winner and a Boo!

First a little bit of business -   I'm happy to announce the winning comment left on my Creations by AR blog Thursday post here 
my winner is Ginny -  comment #39  chosen by Random.org: 
  Blogger Ginny said...

Cute card set. Your organizers are so pretty.
July 26, 2012 1:36 PM

Ginny -  please  email Adela at creationsbyar@sbcglobal.net with your choice of template - the organizer or the scalloped cards bag.

And now - onto the card that I made for today's Saturday Waltzingmouse Sketch which is based on a card that DT member Belinda made.

And here's my card.
I'm flying right past summer into Halloween with my sketch card today!   I created the birch tree background by sponging over a stencil called Aspen Trees.  The scallop tags are Spellbinders and the stars and boo stamp are from Midnight Feast.  I used Ranger Distress Iced Spruce Ink - I love how it looks - spooky dark but not too dark!  I tied wrinkled seam tape and Glitter Eyelash Yarn through the top of the tags.
If you'd like to play along with this cool WMS sketch this week - you'll find all the details and the place to link up your card here.  You could win a Waltzingmouse stamp set!

And don't forget to check out my post below -  you can leave a comment there for more chances to win until Sun 7/29 11:59 pm EST !

I'm also entering this card in the Twisted Tuesday Challenge -  this week it's to have a tree on your card and the twist is to have a knotted ribbon. - I knotted my ribbons through the hole in the tag!

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Midnight Feast
Paper:  White, Smokey Shadow - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Iced Spruce
Accessories:  foam tape, cropadile, Aspen Trees Stencil - The Crafters Workshop, scalloped tags - Spellbinders, wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop, Glitter Eyelash yarn - Martha Stewart (Michaels)

11 comments:

Riet said...

So gorgeous Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Auntie Em said...

Love your card! I like the little touch of sparkle with the tinsel ribbon.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Annette Allen said...

oh wow your card is so cool...love the stamped background...

Lynn Mercurio said...

These birch trees make a spooktacular backdrop for this awesome Halloween tag.

Jill Norwood said...

Love that birch tree stencil! So cool for backgrounds! I might have to get one...:)LOL!

Your card is sweet and makes me want to break out my Halloween stamps! :)

Deborah Frings said...

Perfectly spooky! I do like the background trees - they have so much dimension. Great tag!

Patty Gorka said...

Super cute Halloween card, love the boo tag, trees, and knotted ribbon treatment. Thanks for playing at Twisted Tuesday Challenges this week!

Vickie Z said...

The tree template is fabulous and so perfect for Halloween! Fabulous card!

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Julia! Wow I love this - the trees take on an eerie look with the smokey grey! They add so much dimension!

Sandy Ang said...

what a classy halloween card

Anne-Elise said...

Perfect and great Halloween card, Julia! Love the background!