Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Butterflies and Pinwheels

Hi Stamping friends!   I have two cards to share with you today.  Both made for Split Coast Stampers challenges.

I keep a box of cards at work to sell to co-workers and it seems that Sympathy cards are always in demand - they are also a card needed on short notice so I try to always have a few in my box.  I needed to replenish my box so I made this card.  There were fun and colorful soaps for the Inspiration Challenge this past Saturday.  I was inspired by the colors in these Cocoanut Lime soaps


I combined this challenge with the Queen For The Day - Angela Maine is the Queen this week - I CASED her lovely Get Well Butterfly card.  I used a text stamp on the strip for the July Cas-ual Fridays challenge - to use text on your CAS card.  The beautiful butterfly die is from Marianne.  The text and sentiment stamps are from Waltzingmouse.  I sponged all the edges with Ranger Distress Old Paper ink.

My second card is a little more upbeat and happy!   I made this card for last week's color challenge on Split Coast.  Vicki's colors for us were white, crumb cake and coral.
 
I dry embossed a square Nestability in the center of the card and wrapped the satin dotted ribbon around the middle. Then I stamped my little pinwheel on a white square. I stamped the pinwheel again and cut out the smaller center piece adhering that over the first stamping with a foam dot so it sort of looks like the pinwheel is spinning! I added a rhinestone to the center. I adhered the stamped square inside the embossed square with foam tape and stamped the sentiment in the corner!

Well - I'm off to take my car for an oil change and tire rotation - then I'll be enjoying this beautiful summer's day weeding in the garden!

Butterfly Sympathy
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Text It, Frame It  
Paper: White, Lemon Tart, Simply Chartreuse - PTI  
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Cocoa, Ranger Distress Old Paper  
Accessories: butterfly die - Marianne, rhinestones - Kaiser, ScorTape 
Pinwheel
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Playful Pinwheels  
Paper: Kraft, white - PTI  
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Berry Sorbet - PTI  
Accessories: square Nestability, foam tape, rhinestone - Kaiser, Berry Sorbet swiss dot Satin ribbon - PTI  

7 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the colors and that big butterfly on the sympathy card!

Annette Allen said...

beautiful cards...Love that fun pinwheel and gorgeous butterfly.

Pauline said...

Two fab cards Julia, I love the little pinwheel framed, and the fab butterfly card with the levant scripts, just perfect!

Patti J said...

Beautiful cards, Julia! Thanks for sharing :)

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Both of these cards are simply wonderful Julia! Love the gorgeous butterfly!

Ellen Taylor said...

Fabulous cards Julia! Love that big beautiful butterfly and that fun pinwheel!