Tuesday, July 17, 2012

WMS July 17th Blog Party - Celebrate the Outdoors!

 Today I'm participating in the July WMS Blog Party - we have a blog party the 17th of each month - and the topic is announced on the Waltzingmouse Blog on the 1st of every month so we have plenty of time to create!  This month the theme is Outdoors (think picnics, the beach or lake, summer foods etc!)

I chose to highlight summer foods -  in particular -  fresh strawberries and home made jam!
I made this sweet little basket with three strawberries inside it from Claire's Strawberry Suite Template (available at the WMS shop later this month) .  I stamped the sides of the basket and the strawberries with a background stamp from Pin Nic Patterns (I white embossed the stamping on the strawberries).  The little basket is about 2 1/2" x 1 3/4".  The pattern includes a handle but I didn't use it on mine today.
My first card uses stamps from the set Big Berries - Strawberries - you can pre-order this set now! - it will be available mid-July.  After stamping all the images on the white panel,  I dry embossed it with my Swiss Dots embossing folder.  The cards are both 4 1/4" x 4 1/4"
My 2nd card uses stamps from Jar Fillers - Jam Packed  and Candy Jar two more sets that will be available NOW! in mid-July. (if you have the Candy Jar Christmas set - you already have this jar!)  I stamped the jar outline and cover with London Fog ink, then I stamped the contents in red.  I stamped the label, cut it out and layered it over the jar with foam tape.  Then I just added a piece of tied twine adhering it with a glue dot.
I cut up a paper doily and adhered the edges just inside the edges of the little box and folded them over the top.  I ran the twine through the holes in the panels of the strawberry to close them up and pulled the twine up through the leaf on top - then tied it in a bow.
 I placed my little box on top of another doily -  Isn't this just the cutest thing??!
Now I hope you will check out all the people coming to the Blog Party today -  we are all linking our cards/projects up over at the WMS blog!  I'm off to check them out -  are you coming with me??  You can also join in the fun!  You have 24 hours to post and link your card -  all the details are here.

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Pic Nic Patterns, Jar Fillers - Jam Packed, Big Berries - Strawberries, Candy Jar (or Candy Jar Christmas.
Paper:  Kraft, White, Ripe Avocado - PTI, Ruby Red - SU
Ink:  Ranger Distress Brushed Corduroy, Versamark Watermark Ink, Memento - Love Letter, London Fog, Bamboo Leaves, Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories:  glue dots, ScorTape, white embossing powder, hot gun, swiss dots embossing folder - Provo Craft, Peapod Twine - The Twinery, Strawberry Suite Template - WMS, 1/8" hole punch - Fiskars, paper doilies - Little Yellow Bicycle

33 comments:

Jeanne J. said...

Julia, your basket of strawberries is gorgeous. Talk about art imitating life, these would look beautiful on your kitchen table! They look good enough to eat in that little basket with the doily... ADORABLE!! I love how you embossed your stamped image on your card.. something I keep wanting to try and forgetting about! Thanks for reminding.. I mean inspiring me... to take a chance and try something new!!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is fantastic Julia. Such a wonderful trio of creative beauty. Your basket is adorable and looks totally delicious with those berries sitting in it. Your two cards are so adorable. Well done!

Carla said...

WOW, this is great!!!!!! Fantastic!!!!! Wonderful!!!! Thanks for the inspiration. Love from Holland.

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Bumblebee said...

wow Julia, this is amazing!!! love the cards and the basket of strawberrys!

Tara Cardwell said...

Stunning - the basket is genius.

Melissa said...

Beautiful!! I love your sweet, simple cards with those lovely images shining through! The embossed background is perfect with the berry, and the twine around the jar is too cute!

Joyce said...

This is so very adorable. I love that basket with the paper strawberries--how cute they are. And, the cards are wonderful, too. I'd love any picnic that you packed.

Cathy Weber said...

What a cute basket and filled with 3-D strawberries! your card with the big strawberry looks good enough to eat. Great job on this one, very Summery.

Joan Ervin said...

What a gorgeous set, Julia!!!! The little strawberries in the basket are sooo cute and I love both of the cards!!!! You did an awesome job on these!!!!

Kelly S. said...

This ensemble makes me so HAPPY, Julia! Your basket LOOKS AWESOME! I just love the berries stamped with that pattern...perfectly picnicky :) The CAS cards are so lovely and let Claire's images steal the show! Awesome all around party post (I am stuck on P words today, phew! :))

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Delightful!!! They look so real it makes me happy!

Marlena M. said...

Those strawberries are SO CUTE! I love the ensemble you created here.

Pauline said...

Love the cards and little basket of strawberries Julia! Such a fun little gift set, and the image is just plain delightful - I can't wait to get mine in the post!

Vickie Z said...

Adore the basket of strawberries-love the stamping on the basket and the lace doilies to set the strawberries on is perfect! Love the white embossing on them! Cards are perfect.....this set will be coming to my house....y'all are such enablers, LOL!

Claire said...

All of these are just absolutely gorgeous but I've completely fallen in love with the cards. It looks like I could reach out and pick that stamped strawberry up (and then stuff it in my mouth!)

Mary Marsh said...

love both your cards Julia and teh little strawberry box is just too cute

anya said...

So beautiful, Julia! Your strawberry basket is perfection - the way you added the doily to the inside?! Love it! You have done such an amazing job with the template and your cards!

Sarah said...

Love the basket of berries...ready to picnic!!

Renee said...

Yes.
This is totally adorable!! :)
The cards are fabulous...
and can't wait till I get them in my greedy little hands!!
But that basket of berries...
I just die!!
Love this so much...
just makes me smile! :)

Renee said...

Yes.
This is totally adorable!! :)
The cards are fabulous...
and can't wait till I get them in my greedy little hands!!
But that basket of berries...
I just die!!
Love this so much...
just makes me smile! :)

Peanut said...

Perfect basket of perfect strawberries. Yummy. The cards are adorable. The basket is gorgeous. Going to take a closer look it.

Mara Campbell said...

I LOVE THIS WHOLE SET!!! What a fabulous project Julia. The strawberry basket is so cute, I love how you set the doily inside. And great cards!!

Antje said...

I love your yummy strawbeeries! Great set, made with a lot of love!

Kate said...

Your creations look absolutely scrummy

Deborah Frings said...

Wonderful!! Love the little basket of strawberries and the cards are just fabulous!

Marybeth said...

Oh wow, Julia…. love all the cards and super cute berries you made. The basket is amazing. Love the card with the swiss dots and just the berry so fresh and clean.

Sharron said...

LOVE that wee basket of strawberries! It is so adorable and the Picnic Patterns stamp creates the best design. Both cards are gorgeous--so wonderfully CAS! And I love how you embossed the strawberry one!

Kim Heggins said...

oh my that basket of paper strawberries is amazing! What a talent you have, your cards are just so wonderful.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

AMAZING!!! This is so BEAUTIFUL! I'm so impressed! Love it JUlia! Have a great day! Hugs, Karin

Unknown said...

Brilliant Julia!! this is exactly what I had in mind when I was designing those wee templates!!! stunning set!!! Pinning!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a sweet ensemble Julia! Those strawberries look mouthwatering! Love the little basket of berries! Too cute!

Grá O'Neill said...

Great projects, love the textured strawberry card & the punnet of strawberries to go with it :)