Friday, July 20, 2012

Chillax

What a great word huh?  the combination of chill and relax - it really gives you the feeling of summer and taking it easy!  I made this card combining 3 challenges over on Split Coast  - Thursday's Way to Use it - a beach theme, Friday's Free for All -  a weather theme  and the Queen for the Day - who was Ina (yellowrose46)

I cased Ina's beautiful Sailing into the Sunset card.  I used different stamps and colors but kept the ocean/summer theme with a bright sun rise over the water on a hot summer day!

These wonderful stamps are from a new set called My Island by Waltzingmouse.

I embossed a rectangle on the card base, stamped the images on white with blue, yellow and orange inks and adhered the panel inside the frame with foam tape. Then I stamped the 'chillax' sentiment on the bottom of the card.  A CAS summer beach card!

Yippee!  the weekend is here!  Maybe we'll go to the beach!  Let's all just chillax!

And in case you're looking for a fun challenge -  check out the Saturday Waltzingmouse Sketch.

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - My Island  
Paper: white, Hawaiian Shores - PTI  
Ink: Hawaiian Shores - PTI, Memento Tangelo, Cantaloupe, Tuxedo Black  
Accessories: foam tape, rectangle Nestabilities

7 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Julia,
WONDERFUL card! Every single thing I see made with this stamp set makes me want it more! I think I'm getting weak . . . weaker . . . weaker . . . about to cave!

Hugs!

scrappymo! said...

The blue and orange is a delightful combo.
Cute card!

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful card, love the embossed frame for the image & the bright colours :)

Deborah Frings said...

Brilliant! Love the layout, the embossed rectangle and very relaxing image! I agree - chillax is a fab word! I think the beach sounds like a super idea!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Julia! Hope you are enjoying the Boston sunshine!

Pauline said...

This is just fabulous Julia, I,love this sentiment too, the kids use it a lot! Lovely bright sunny colours, such a refreshing card!