Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Joyeux Noel

I made this card for last week's Split Coast color challenge - to use Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler and Very Vanilla.  I didn't have the SU colors so I substituted New Leaf, Fired Brick and Vintage Cream.

I finally got to use my Layered Poinsettia dies from Spellbinders that I bought at the end of last season after seeing so many beautiful creations made with them on many blogs and galleries!  First I die cut a circle out of the front of my card
Then I traced the circle opening on the inside to show me where to stamp the doily and layer the poinsettia.  I put foam dots between the bottom two layers of the flower so it was popped up a bit.  I used my glue pen on the tips of the flower and leaves and dipped them in Dazzling Diamonds.
 I die cut a larger Eyelet circle, cut out the center and adhered it over the opening on the front of my card.  I stamped the sentiment on a die cut banner and layered it over the base of the opening with thick foam dots so when the card is closed the banner is still higher than the flower.

I hope you'll stop by on Friday -  I'm going to be participating in a Blog Waltz with some of my fellow Waltzingmouse Design Team members - we'll all be using WMS stamps on Pouch Mart bags!  There's sure to be lots of inspiring projects!

and on Thursday I have an exciting announcement to share along with another blog hop! (you might see a little clue on my side bar!?!)  Lots of fun things happening this week!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Dainty Doilies Large, Sentiment from Very Vintage Christmas  
Paper: Vintage Cream, New Leaf - PTI, Ranger Distress Coredinations - Fired Brick  
Ink: Memento Desert Sand  
Accessories: Layered Poinsettia Spellbinders, Circle and Eyelet Circle Nestabilities, Ribbon Banners - Spellbinders, Glue Pen, Glue Dots, foam dots, thick foam dots, Dazzling Diamonds - SU, rhinestones - Kaiser

14 comments:

~amy~ said...

Julia, this is absolutely stunning!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is so beautiful...

Chipchick said...

So pretty!!! TFS!!!

Belinda said...

Absolutely lovely!! Love the idea of the lace bg for the flower!

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards.

Hugs Riet.xx

Ren-Yi said...

Fab poinsettias...and not to mention an amazing window LO backed with the perfect doily. I love the sparkle...!

Mara Campbell said...

Dang, this is beautiful!!! So many great details. The poinsettia is perfection and I love all the details. Beautiful card!

Pauline said...

Wow Julia, what a beautiful Christmas card! I love the poinsettia set in the aperture, and the festive frosting. A stunning card!

Sandy Ang said...

Totally gorgeous Christmas card. I love the dimensional flower

Eileen B. said...

Wow..the pointsettia card is so awesome. Beautiful. I love it

Joan Ervin said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Julia...WOW!!!! I sooo love the poinsettia and what a beautiful design....you have inspired me to dig out my poinsettia die!!!!!

Marlena M. said...

This is so pretty! I love the layers and that circle die.

Confiseries Papier said...

Absolutely stunning!

Mona Pendleton said...

Stunning Julia! Lovin' the gorgeous Poinsettia!