Sunday, July 22, 2012

Wild Thing

Last week's Tea Party over on Split Coast was all about giraffes - the more the merrier - (it also involves cheerleaders, cookies,......) it's always hard to explain our tea parties - check it all out here  Most weeks we have a place to send our Tea party cards and this week they are going to Alex - a lovely young lady who should just be thinking about being a senior in high school - but is facing a lot of health issues as well.  Alex loves giraffes.

So -  I've made a little parade of giraffes on my card - I used purple like Alex's 'so cool' shoes that she wore to the prom (a picture Mothermark shared on the challenge post)  My wrinkled seam tape is a really deep dark purple - (it may look black in the pic).

I used these cute little giraffe stamps and die from Papertrey Ink  for my card.

On the inside of my card I stamped this sentiment from River City Rubberworks:

"Once or twice in our lives, we are given the chance to find out just how much inner strength we possess. Usually we find we have far more than we ever imagined."

Alex has had to learn about her inner strength at a very young age.....

Stamps: It's a Jungle Out There - PTI, inside sentiment by River City Rubberworks  
Paper: white - PTI  
Ink: Memento Sweet Plum and Grape Jelly  
Accessories: foam tape, Gems - Adornit, giraffe Die - PTI, wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop

7 comments:

Crystal said...

OOOOO Julia I LOVE this design, I was just thinking of doing something like this with a monster...:)))) Thanks girly for the inspiration, fantastic design as always sweets!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Golly, I forget how cool it looks to have a line of animals and one of them different! This card is awesome. I love the seam binding (that stuff is da-best!). The tea-party challenges are laugh-out-loud funny sometimes! Nice work!!
Hugs!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

scrappymo! said...

I will have to check out these tea parties...

The verse in your card is just precious!

Pauline said...

What a fun fun card Julia! I love the ink colours you used, and the giraffe look so funky! A great card for a teen, and it's sure to brighten her day.

Debbie Corbari said...

Hi Julia! Sorry I haven't stopped over here in a while! I L-O-V-E this card! (Giraffe's are my favorite animal!). Hope you're having a great summer friend! miss ya!