Wednesday, August 2, 2023

July Card Chain Challenge Reveal - Listen to Your Heart

 It's time for the reveal of cards exchanged over at The Card Chain Challenge in July!  This month I sent a card to Kati in Germany and I received a card from Joanne R in CT.

 I used the colors (sort of), the sketch, (sort of) and the theme of Circles!



Here's my card:


I used a 4" Gel Press circle with Alcohol Inks to create my irregular circle background. 
(if you'd like to see how I did this please see my tutorial on this post here.)

 I traced the circles using Lavinia's Acetate Circle Masks using an 01 Black Micron Pen.  I made the dots on the circles with the same pen.

I stamped the images (Rory and Darcy, Oona, Hearts Mini) from Lavinia inside the circles and the Mini Dots stamp beside the big circle.

I outlined the irregular edges of the Alcohol Ink Circle with the 01 Black Micron Pen.

I added white dots with a POSCA Pen and used a Small Talk Sticker cut in half for the sentiment.

I rubbed a Gold Pigment Ink pad along the edges of the panel to define the edge and layered the panel to a white card base.

My card is 5" x 5" square.

If you'd like to join in on this fun monthly world-wide card exchange you'll find all the details on signing up and participating at the Card Chain Challenge blog.



Stamps:  Oona, Rory and Darcy, Mini Dots, Hearts Mini - Lavinia.
Ink:  Alcohol Inks Sunshine Yellow and Pink Sherbert, Nocturne Versafine Clair, Gold Pigment Ink - Color Box.
Paper:  White - Papertrey Ink
Accessories:  4" round Gel Press, 91% Rubbing Alcohol, Acetate Circle Masks - Lavinia, Small Talk Stickers - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology, White POSCA Pen.

13 comments:

Viv said...

Love this Julia!
I really wish I could master the gel plate backgrounds - got lots of Alcohol inks that rarely see the light of day! x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a gorgeous card, Julia - love the fairy circles with the irregular AI circle - so stunning!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, Julia, this is marvelous! Those fairies are perfectly magical!

Arlene said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS background and the fairies are perfect in your design.

papierelle said...

Wow, your card is stunning and I love how you created the amzing background.

HilaryJane said...

That background is just perfect for those little fairies. I love it. Great use of the white highlights too xx

Bonnie said...

Love your gel print, Julia! Love these colors that work perfectly with these sweet fairies!

Susan said...

Julia, that's a fabulous gelli print background - love the way you outlined it. Adorable fairies each inside their own circle!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and great design,love the background and Fairies inside the circles-absolutely love it
Carol x

Imke said...

Julia, this looks amazing and it seems like a lot of work but it´s totally worth. Perfect for the CCC !

Imke ~ /MY CRAFTY PLACE

Dagmara Gorczyńska said...

What an amazig card, Julia!

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is stunning, Julia. Love the way you used the CCC themes. Jo x

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful gell print and love the effect of the outlining ♥