Thursday, August 24, 2023

A Bright Anniversary

 I needed to make an Anniversary card for a stamping friend and her husband for September and then I saw the Color Hue Colors and she loves RED!   So I got to work.

I would not usually pick up these two colors to create with - I tend to favor greens and blues - but I think Anne will love it - and it is very bright and cheery!   

I used an older die set called Lovely Layers (still available for $4.00 at PTI!) along with the card base cut using Noted: Scalloped Square die - both from Papertrey Ink.  Each layer of the bloom is on a foam dot and I added a red acrylic heart in the center.  The sentiment if from The Greetery.

I'm glad I made myself use colors I don't normally reach for!
  
My card measures 3 3/4" x 3 3/4".

ends 8/28



Stamps:  Sentiment Suite: Love - The Greetery
Ink:  Nocturne Versafine Claire
Paper:  White, Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold - PTI, DP Hello Sunshine - Taylored Expressions
Accessories: Lovely Layers, Dies Noted: Scalloped Square Die - Papertrey Ink (retired), foam dots, acrylic heart - Honey Bee

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I love every wonderful thing about this pretty little card, Julia!

Karen said...

This has always been one of my favorite Papertrey Ink stamp sets, and I love it in red and yellow! Your layers of patterned paper, red and the scalloped card are wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Bonnie said...

Ooh, so bright and pretty, Julia! A celebration on a card!

Cindy Beach said...

So cheery and festive, you've used our colors beautifully, Julia! I love the flower with all it's curves and texture. The polka dots and scallops are perfect with it!

Susan said...

Lovely design and so wonderfully cheerful!

Nancy said...

What a fun die set, Julia. I can see why you like it. I am a sucker for polka dots so this card really speaks to me. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues.

Christine Alexander said...

great colour combo and such a beautiful card ♥

Stef Perry said...

Ah, Julia, you've made a delightful card for your friend and did an exquisite job using this color combo! I don't normally go for brights like these but for the end of summer, it just seemed right and I'm so glad you found a way to use them. I love the scallops and the pretty die cut flower and, of course the polka dot background! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my goodness Julia, I recognized this set as soon as I saw your card. I love it in the solid colours, so much fun on a card front!! Love the polka dots and a lovely anniversary card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a bright & cheery color combo, Julia! Just love the scalloped mini card!!