Saturday, August 12, 2023

Inkspirational #296 - Ice Filled Drinks on the Beach

 It's time for Inkspirational Challenge #296.  Marlena is the Designer choosing the theme this time and she wants to see Iridescent or Clear: embellishments or images of glass or ice items!


I chose to use ice filled cocktails in clear glasses on a table at the beach!  I can just imagine how the glasses are 'sweating' down their sides as the cold ice hits the warm air - and how refreshing these drinks would be!

I've had these cute cocktail stickers for a while and today was the day to get them out and finally use them!  I was happy to see that some of them had 'ice' in them!

I also brushed Clear Glitter Wink of Stella over the palm tree fronds and the edge of the ocean - which you can hopefully see in the photo below -  for more iridescence!!

So, please join us and show us your Iridescent/Clear embellishments or images of glass or ice!  We're almost at the end of the summer here in the Northern Hemisphere - so we need to be thinking of relaxing at the beach or lake and drinking cool drinks as long as we can!!

You'll find lots of inspiration from the rest of the Design Team as well as Mr. Linky over at the Inkspirational Blog - challenge is open through Aug 25th!

Also linking my card to:
First time using these cute cocktail stickers.



Stamps:  My Island - Waltzingmouse (retired)
Ink:  Nocturne Versafine Clair, Sun Kissed and Sweet Leaf - Altenew
Paper:  Kraft, Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink, DP Beach Vibes - Honey Bee.
Accessories:  Cocktails - Sticko Stickers (Micharls), Picnic in the Park Die set - My Favortite Things, Clear Glitter Wink of Stella.

9 comments:

Marlena M. said...

This is fabulous Julia! The stickers are phenomenal (and oh how I miss Waltzingmouse ;( ). Gorgeous scene!

Susan said...

A beautiful scene - makes me want to be there sipping a cold glass of lemonade or a wine spritzer!

Nonni said...

Love this! The die cuts are super cute and perfect for the theme... And the Wink of Stella adds to the sparkly, summery, happy vacation feel! xx

cm said...

Your icy beverages are fabulous and perfect for this challenge, Julia! A wonderful beach scene; I want to step right into it to enjoy the cool refreshments under the sparkly palm! Awesome inspiration!
hugs~carol

Brenda in IN said...

This is so beautiful and refreshing. Let me get my shorts on and I will join you.

Lisa Elton said...

What a lovely and relaxing scene you've created!

Bonnie said...

These ice filled drinks look so refreshing and the background scene looks refreshing too, Julia! Those stickers are perfect for this challenge!

Marina said...

Ooh you've made me want one of these cocktails...unfortunately, it's 7am and I'm on my way to work! I love the way you've built the scene with the palm trees in the background
Very summery

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling scene for a beachy happy hour, Julia! Love the shimmery pine trees too!!