Friday, August 18, 2023

With Mirth and Laughter

 Here is a bright and colorful birthday card with LOTS of candles!  And this quote from Shakespeare is perfect for it don't you think?  

And I can send this to a friend since I'm also in the 'lots of candles' age group so they can't yell at me!

I inked the candles using a wonderful stencil set from The Greetery, recently purchased, called All Aglow.  The sentiment is from Impression Obsession which is popped up over the candles with foam dots.  Then I splattered the panel with white and black POSCA Pens  and added the orange center flame with a Copic.


I'm joining in with:


First time using the candle stencils





Stamps: Impression Obsession
Paper: white - PTI
Ink: Nocturne - Versafine Clair, Ranger Distress Carved Pumpkin, Squeezed Lemonade, Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers
Accessories: All Aglow Stencil - The Greetery, White and Black POSCA Pens, finger sponges.

9 comments:

Glennis F said...

Brilliant!

Loll said...

Fun card Julia!! xx

Bonnie said...

I can certainly identify! Love the bright, colorful candles and the sentiment works perfectly!

Darnell said...

What a fun card, sis! You'd need to add candles all over the back and all over the inside of the card, and all over the front and back of the envelope, and then I think that would get us close to my age, haha! The colors and schpeckles are fabulous and why have I never seen that Shakespeare quote before?! I love it! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Susan said...

Fabulous card, Julia! Love the candles, but even more, I love the Shakespeare quote!

Lisa Elton said...

This is heaps of festive and oodles of fun! A perfectly delightful card, Julia!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fabulous candle card, Julia - love the circle glow and all the speckles! LOL-you'd need a longer card for all my candles!!

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Wow!! This is such a fun card, Julia. Love these colorful candles so and the sentiment so much. Thank you so much for playing with us at Time Out. Hugsxx Deepti

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is so wonderful for a BD celebration, Julia. I love the colors you used, the splatters and that sentiment is fantastic! Perfect make for our challenge at Time Out. Thanks you so much for playing with us!