Saturday, August 26, 2023

Inkspirational #297 - Word Prompt: Clothing/Closet

 A fun challenge over at Inkspirational today -  #297 Word Prompt: Clothing/Closet.


I found this cute stamp set in my craft room -  unopened, unused (yet) - and perfect for today's challenge!  I just knew I might want it someday!   It's from Hampton Arts and I got it quite some time ago on sale at Michaels. 
 
The theme of the set is London (I also bought the Paris themed set while I was at it! Still unopened) - so this is a London fashion girl sporting high heels with bows at the ankle, a mini skit, wide brimmed hat, clutching a cup of coffee in one hand and her purse in another. 

Makes me start singing:  "There she was just a walkin' down the street, singin' do wah diddi, diddi dum diddi do" 
(I actually have a stamp with these words on it!! and you are singing it now too right??)

The set also includes the London phone booth, double-decker bus, Big Ben, the Metro symbol and a couple of other sentiments.

I stamped this lovely fashion icon onto hammered white cardstock (that comes from Britain via Amazon!) and colored some bits of her with Copics leaving it mostly black and white.

My card is a small slimline card - measuring 3 1/4" x 6"

So we hope you will join in - and show us your Clothing/Closet creations!  You'll find Mr. Linky and lots of wonderful inspiration from the rest of the talented DT over at Inkspirational!

You have until the end of Sept 8th to link up your card!

I'm also linking my card to the following challenge:

First time using this stamp set





Stamps: Hampton Arts
Paper: Hammered white card - Amazon, True Black - Papertrey Ink.
Ink: Nocturne - Versafine Clair
Accessories: Copics - E00,E33, R29

9 comments:

Loll said...

What a great card from the prompt, Julia!! And yes, I now have that song in my head!! :) xx

cm said...

Julia, your stylish London fashionista is gorgeous! What a great sale find; looking forward to seeing what you do with the Paris version. Love your card!
hugs~carol
PS. Song now running through my head, too!

Bonnie said...

Very fashionable, Julia! The sentiment goes perfectly! Thanks for the ear worm. I think I'll be singing it all day.

Lisa Elton said...

Yes, now I'm singing too! This is such a fun card, Julia!

Susan said...

Perfect card for the prompt! And thanks for the reminders about the swinging 60s!

Marina said...

I love the red black colour combo - stylish card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oh yeah, singing that song now, Julia! Darling card with the fancy gal - glad I'm not wearing those heels!

Marlena M. said...

Now that song is DEFINITELY in my head, HA! Love this classy card Marina~

Marlena M. said...

I meant Julia**, sorry friend!