Thursday, August 3, 2023

Guest DT for Tic Tac Toe #220 - Stenciled Birthday

 Well, I am excited to say I was asked again to be the Guest DT for the  Tic Tac Toe #220 challenge.

For this grid,  I chose the middle horizontal row - Use a Stencil, Birthday Sentiment, Blues and Greens for my card design.

The stencil is called Leaves in the Wind by Carabelle Studio.  

I used blender brushes to ink Ranger Distress Twisted Cintron and Tumbled Glass through the stencil.   

I used a black POSCA  pen for the splatter.  

I die cut the sentiment from Papertrey Ink twice out of white card layering them together for more depth.  I thought it looked more summery to use white instead of black for the die cut.

I inked around the edges of the card with Gold Pigment Ink to define the edge.


So please join us for another fun Tic Tac Toe Challenge - which row will inspire you?
  
You'll find the challenge along with lots of inspiration from the Design Team here.
  
You have until Thursday8/10/23 at noon CST to link up your card!

I'm also linking my card to:
Anything Goes

Anything Goes

Stencil optional/Anything Goes



Paper:  White - Papertrey Ink.
Ink:  Ranger Distress Twisted Citron and Tumbled Glass, Gold Pigment Ink - Colorbox.
Accessories:  Birthday Cheer Die Collection - Papertrey Ink, Black POSCA Pen, blender brushes.

12 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Congrats on your guest designer spot. This is a beauty, love that stencil, the colours and your brilliant splatters xx

Bonnie said...

What a great stencil and so pretty in the blue and green! Love those splatters! Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot!

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful summer card, Julia!! Congrats on your guesting gig!!

Joanne said...

That is so beautiful! I love of shades of green and blue that you picked.

Vicky Hayes said...

What a joy to have you guesting with us at Tic Tac Toe this week Julia! I absolutely love your stenciled beauty in that gorgeous blue and green ink blend. The black splatters are wonderful and add such a lot of movement to the card. Vicky x

Colleen said...

Another fabulous stencil card, Julia! I am going to have to take a note from your blog and get out more of my stencils and make these easy but elegant and striking birthday cards! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday again! We love seeing your creations!

Darlene said...

Oh Julia, this is just gorgeous! Love your choice of colors and your blending is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D and Stencil Fun challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Imke said...

Congrats, Julia. I was also invited but still waiting on a date. Lovely card !

Imke ~ /MY CRAFTY PLACE

Glenda J said...

Julia - this is absolutely stunning! I love the colours you chose - great black spatter and so striking that you did a white sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Congrats on the guest DT spot, Julia! What a beauty this card is - so whimsical and airy with the blue/green stenciling - love it!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Julia this is a fabulous card - I love that stencilled background and it shows off that diecut sentiment beautifully. Thanks for guesting with us over at TicTacToe!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful colour combo with the stenciling and the splatters in black just pop ♥