Thursday, March 2, 2023

The Card Chain Challenge - February 2023 reveal

 Today is the day all of the cards exchanged over at the Card Chain Challenge in February are revealed.  This month I sent my card to Lia in The Netherlands and I received a card from Gail in Canada (who is a new participant!)

Each month we are given a sketch, colors and various suggested themes, we only have to use one of the suggestions.

This month I used the colors, two of the themes: hearts, friendship and the Technique:  layers!


Theme Options: Hearts / Tags / Friendship

Product / Technique Options: Burlap or Gauze / Layers

I used Tim Holtz/Sizzix fun Abstract Faces die set for my image.  I bought the die set over a year ago and this is the first time I've used it!  The sentiment was cut with one of the dies in the Bold Text #1 set also from Tim Holtz/Sizzix.

I brushed over the face with Clear Glitter Wink of Stella to lighten it up a bit and add some shimmer.  You may be able to see that on the close up below?  It does really sparkle in the light IRL!


If you'd like to join in this fun monthly challenge you have until March 6th to sign up for the next month!  Check out all the details over at The Card Chain Challenge!
I'm linking my card to:

First time I have used the Abstract Faces die.




Paper:  White - PTI, Core-Dinations Distress Collection - Tim Holtz/Ranger, Patina Craft Papers - The Craft Consortium.
Ink:  Frayerd Burlap Distress Oxide - Ranger
Accessories:  Abstract Faces Dies, Bold Text #1 Dies - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, small heart punch - McGill, Clear Glitter Wink of Stella, finger dauber, foam dots.

11 comments:

papierelle said...

It looks like modern art!!! Amazing!!

Pia S said...

I have been pondering whether to get this die set or not. Do I need it? No. Do I want it? Yes. I love this artsy, playful style and I love the trendy industrial looking background as well.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous card, Julia! Love the abstract face atop that marbke background - very artsy!!

Angelnorth said...

Love the abstract face (great way to sneak in a heart shape!) on the grungy background, fabulous card Julia!

Gail said...

Your card is so unique!
I have never seen those dies....I think you're braver than I.
I (apparently) have a comfort zone!!
Hope my card gets to you soon!

Arlene said...

Pretty cool. It's so hard to get the shimmer in a photo. Fantastic card.

Lisa Elton said...

This is so cool! What a fun die!

Bonnie said...

How fun, Julia! Love how you used these colors and I'm sure Lia does too!

HilaryJane said...

What an interesting die that is and I am so glad to see that you have now used it. I love the background and the sparkle too xx

Darnell said...

What a great take on the suggested briefs, sis! Lia is going to love her abstract beautiful hello card! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Christine Alexander said...

ooooh love those colours and the die cuts ♥