Saturday, March 4, 2023

St. Patrick's Day Bunny

I'm a mix of English, Irish and Scotch and bits of about  8 other European areas!
(Thank you - Ancestry.com!)

I always make cards to send to friends for St. Patrick's Day. Everyone's Irish on March 17th right?!!  

This year I made these little bunny cards, dressing them up for the wearing of the green!

The bunny die is Carrot Bunny and the hat die is from The Gent both sets Tim Holtz/Sizzix.  The tag die is Tear Strip Tags from The Greetery.  The sentiment and stamped shamrock are from Irish Blessings from Papertrey Ink (retired).  

I added shamrock stickers to the hat of the 'boy' and the ear of  the 'girl'.  

I die cut two bunnies for each card and glued them together along the ears and top of the head so they would stand up!  I cut slits in the hat so the ears would pop through the top.



I'm linking my St. Pat's Bunny cards to:

Die Cut Divas - Anything Goes

The Card Concept Lucky Charm
my card is clean layered die cuts




Thought I'd share the same bunny used for Valentine's this year too! 
Stamp from Tear Strip Tags: Valentine Stamp Set from The Greetery.



Stamps:  Irish Blessings - Papertrey Ink (retired), Tear Strip Tags: Valentine Stamp Set - The Greetery.
Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne.
Paper:  White,  New Leaf, True Black, Pale Peony - Papertrey Ink.
Accessories:  Carrot Bunny die , The Gent Die - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Tear Strip Tags Die - The Greetery, thin green tape from stash (on hat), shamrock stickers - Michaels, heart punch, twine.

17 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

OMGoodness, I just love these bunnies! They can dress up for any occasion and you are quite the stylist! What fun for your friends and family to receive these in the mail. I'm smiling! Thank you so much for sharing with us in our green challenge at Double D!

Arlene said...

Totally fun and so very cute! I'm still grinning. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our “Anything Goes” challenge

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh....these are so stinkin' CUTE! I have those bunnies and never thought to "dress" them up for other holidays! I will need to try some of these myself!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Really brought a smile, Julia - love your little St Paddy's Day bunnies and the Valentine one too!! Now you have to show one for every holiday - LOL. Oh and thanks for linking up to the Divas too :)

Bonnie said...

How clever and fun, Julia! A great way to use these dies! Love his ears peeking through the hat and her sweet shamrock!

Diane said...

OMGosh, these are just the cutest, I absolutely LOVE them, so creative AND fun!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Triple B} NEW March 3rd
{Stencil Fun}

Cindy C. said...

These are super, super cute!! Thanks for playing with us this March at Die Cut Divas.

Karen Letchworth said...

Oh my, these are DARLING, Julia. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Card Concept. It's a treat to have you join us.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh.. my... goodness!! Could these BE any cuter!!

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, they are so cute! Love the dressed up bunnies and we are thrilled that you shared these sweet cards with us at The Card Concept!

Papercraft Boutique said...

These bunnies are the cutest, Julia! How you dressed them up is fantastic, and it's so clever to have them hold the sentiment tags instead of carrots!
Hideko xx

HilaryJane said...

What a clever idea, these are so cute. You could dress them up for all sorts of occasions xx

Kerry Parkinson said...

Adorable bunnies! Love 'em!

Tee said...

Your little bunnies are awesome!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Oh my goodness!!! These are absolutely adorable!!!!
I’m so glad you shared them with us at the Card Concept!
Hugs! Mackie

Claire said...

These are so cute Julia - caught my eye straight away in the gallery!

Christine Alexander said...

OMG these little bunnies are adorable ♥