Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Pop Up Ballerina

 I have a Pop Up Birthday card to share today that I made for a friend's granddaughter, Lia, for her 8th birthday.  Lia takes dance lessons so I used ballerina die cuts on the 'stage'.  

They were a little oversized so I couldn't show the full length of their legs?!!  

I love personalizing cards for kids - they get such a kick out of having their name and age right on the card.

I used the Platform Pop up dies as well as the Platform Pop Up Add On (the back piece) for this card. (Both from Lawn Fawn.)  I die cut all of the decorative pieces out of Glitter Cardstock.


View from the back, with room for a written message from the giver.
This cute pop up does fold flat to mail.  

If you use just the base Platform Pop Up it fits in an A2 envelope.  
When you use the Platform Pop up Add On piece (the back of the stage) it fits into a 5" x 5" envelope.  
I added the PUSH stamp to help the receiver see how to  POP UP the card.  But I'm sure they'd figure it out without it!

I'm linking my card to:

Card for a Child





Stamps:  Interactive Labels - My Favorite Things.
Paper:  White - PTI, glitter cardstock - Recollections/Michaels
Ink:  True Black - PTI
Accessories:  Platform Pop Up and Platform Pop Up Add On Dies - Lawn Fawn, ballerina dies - Amazon, Number Dies - PTI, Alphanumeric Tiny Type Upper Dies - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Happy Birthday printed strip from stash.

11 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Oh I love this Julia!!! My three daughters all danced and competed and it was my life for many years. One of them still teaches dance now! Such a treasure to keep, especially since it can stand on it's own.

Lisa Elton said...

I think that's going to be one happy little eight year old! This is fantastic, Julia!

Cathy said...

Such a cool card! Clever design and I'm sure the little dancer will love it. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Bonnie said...

What a special card, Julia! She is bound to love those glittery ballerinas and seeing her name and age on the card!

Susan said...

Fabulous card, Julia! What a lot of work! Love the colours of sparkly cardstock. Lia will be thrilled.

HilaryJane said...

It's brilliant and I love that it is all sparkly xx

Linda said...

Adorable card, Julia. Love all the sparkle. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Barbara said...

Personalizing a card for a friend is the challenge that I love. Hallmark can't do that. Your card for Lia will be remembered by her as it is so special and gorgeous too. Thanks for sharing it with all of us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

Christine Alexander said...

oooh love all the glitter and I know an 8 yr old would love it :)

Lisa said...

Great dimensional card. Super die cuts and shimmery paper.

Nancy said...

She is going to flip over this card. It turned out great! Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday and for using the topping.