Thursday, March 16, 2023

Lucky You

 Made a last minute Irish theme card inspired by a few challenges out there!  This could be for St. Patrick's Day or a congrats card or even a new home card maybe??!

I was happy to get out the Wood Grain Colorize dies from Sizzix .  I purchased them a long time ago and they've been sitting on my shelf!  This finished woodgrain strip is 4 layers and really gives a dimensional woodgrain look.
  
I rubbed Lost Shadow Distress Ink on my craft mat, spritzed with water and then rubbed a panel of water color paper over it.  Then I die cut all 4 pieces out of that so it was easier then cutting 4 different colors of gray.

I did the same thing with the shamrocks - rubbing Lucky Clover Distress Ink on the mat, spritzing with water, rubbing a water color paper panel over it, then die cutting the shamrocks.

Linking my card to:


first time using Wood Grain dies.

clean layered inspired by colors


If 4 leaf clovers can be considered flowers?    I did the center horizontal row, 
if not - I did the top horizontal row!




Paper:  Water color - Canson Cold Press, EP Ink Drops Earth - Craft Consortium
Ink:  Lost Shadow and Lucky Clover - Ranger Distress
Accessories:  Woodgrain Colorize die, 3D Impresslits Lucky Love Die - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Pink Copic, Big Chat Stickers - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology, enamel dots - Altenew.

11 comments:

FreeToBeMe..LisaJ said...

Julia, love love your background and beautiful color comb. Thank you for shraing your lovely design with us this week at Tic Tac Toe Challenge.

~amy~ said...

Julia, this is so pretty! Love those shamrocks. The background is gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at the Inspired By challenge!

Bonnie said...

Love all the dimension of the wood and four leaf clover, Julia! They look beautiful on that background! Hope you have a lucky day!

Christine Alexander said...

the clover looks so pretty against the blue green background ♥

Susan said...

Beautiful background paper, wonderful four leaf clovers, and great use of the new Lost Shadow colour on the wood grain strip.

Lisa said...

Super gorgeous card! I love the card base, love the texture on the shamrocks and a great card for St Patricks or a congratulations.

HilaryJane said...

I a, loving this, the woodgrain looks amazing and what a gorgeous AI background xx

Kerry Parkinson said...

I love all the texture you've achieved on your card and the cheerful vibe. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept challenges.

Vicky Hayes said...

You have picked the most gorgeous paper to use with your beautiful dimensional wood grain Julia and I love those pretty flowers. Thank you for com8ng to play with us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week! Vicky x

Laurel said...

Beautiful! I love the texture on this! Thanks for playing at Inspired By!

Trina P. said...

Whoa! Stunning background. Beautiful shamrocks and design.