Saturday, March 11, 2023

The Number 90

 Welcome to the latest Inkspirational challenge  #285 -  it's a Word Prompt.

I made a 90th birthday card for a very dear church friend (who doesn't act or look 90!). We were on the  Altar Guild together for many years and she still attends church most Sundays.

I die cut, inked and sponged the edges on the mushrooms, acorns and tree rings and layered them over the patterned paper with foam dots.  I stamped the 90 on one of the acorns.

We are good enough friends that she will get a chuckle from the sentiment I put inside her card on the left!

So please show us how you use NUMBERS on your card design!  You'll find more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team over at Inkspirational!

You have until March 24th to get your Numbers card linked up!

I'm also linking my card to:


Stripes background and dots on the mushrooms!




Stamps: Forest Floor: Autumn - Papertrey Ink (retired), Latte in the Evening - Funny Bones: Riley and Company, Snap Stamps (90 and Doris) - Karen Fisher (retired) 
Paper:  Kraft, White - Papertrey Ink, DP - Simple Things - Parklane/JoAnn.
Ink: Gathered Twigs, Grand Espresso, Tea Dye - Ranger Distress, Cocoa Bean, Pure Poppy, Orange Zest - Papertrey Ink, Espresso -  Altenew.
Accessories:  Tree Tings Mini Die and Embossing Folder - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Forest Floor: Augumn Dies - PTI (retired), finger sponge, foam dots, Red acrylic hearts - Honey Bee, 1" circle punch.

9 comments:

HilaryJane said...

What a clever way to show the number. This is a great card. I bet Doris loved it. A 90th birthday should definitely have a very special celebration xx

Lisa Elton said...

What a wonderful way to wish your friend a happy birthday, Julia! The inside sentiment is a hoot and one I need to remember for my brother!

Bonnie said...

90 candles would make quite a glow! She sounds like a very special person and a wonderful inspiration! A great card for her, Julia!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fab bday card for your 90 years young friend, Julia! Love the little mushroom scene with the acorns!!

Marlena M. said...

Oh my goodness your friend will be TICKLED with that sentiment Julia! HA! These are my fave mushrooms of mine and now I want to take them out to play. Fab idea with adding her important milestone on a shroom!

Marina said...

I love the natural,woodland theme. The subtle background pattern is great behind those bright mushrooms

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

I love your card stunning toadstools love it TFS over at AAA Birthday this month. Hope to see you again in future challenges. Elaine DT x

cm said...

I'm smitten with your assortment and arrangement of wood, mushrooms and acorns; eye-catching, especially with the 90 nestled on to one of the acorns. I know Doris loved your card, as do I. The left inside sentiment: too funny!
hugs~carol

Christine Alexander said...

wow love that collection of die cuts, Mushrooms are may favourite :)
I also have an older friend who looks and behaves so much younger xx