Friday, March 24, 2023

Spring Carrots

 I have a fun carrot card to share today to celebrate spring and Easter!

I used two background stamps to create my background -  Fond of Foliage was stamped in Peeled Paint DOX and Window Pane Plaid  was stamped in Rusty Hinge Distress.  For both stamps, I inked the stamp, spritzed with water and then stamped onto a water color panel.  Both stamps are from The Greetery.

I die cut and assembled the big carrots from Carrot Bunny dies  layering them through and behind a piece die cut with Simple Plaid die (I cut a small portion off the full panel plaid die cut) both dies are from Tim Holtz/Sizzix.

To add a little dimension - I splattered the card with both Black and Orange POSCA pens.  I added the sentiment from Taylored Expressions up on foam dots.

I'm linking my card to:


Easter
I have Happy Easter sentiment on the inside of my card.


Stamps: Fond of Foliage Background Stamp, Window Pane Plaid background Stamp - The Greetery, Mini Strips Easter - Taylored Expressions
Paper: White, Orange Zest - PTI, water color paper - Canson, Light orange, dark and light greens - Park Lane Pack/JoAnn
Ink: Nocturne - Versafine Clair, DOX Peeled Paint, Distress Rusty Hinge
Accessories: Carrot Bunny Dies, Simple Plaid Die - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Mini Strips Die - Taylored Expressions, Orange and Black POSCA Pens, foam strip, water mister

11 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

great way to welcome in spring, your bunch of carrots look yummy :)

brenda said...

Loving the fresh colour and that super carrots and it's so nice to see you at We Love Stamping. But as a stamping challenge the focal element must be stamped and you say they are die cuts, we do make this clear on our challenge posts.

But you are very welcome to join us again, have a lovely weekend.

B x

Donna Phelan said...

I adore your pretty background and your carrots are the yummiest! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Easter Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

Pia S said...

I love this, Julia. I can’t explain exactly what it is, but one thing is it reminds me of my mother’s kitchen apron and It feels very back to nature, sort of. Love IT!!

Bonnie said...

Love that double stamped background and these big, fantastic carrots, Julia! The plaid die works perfectly as a basket to hold the carrots!

KraftyKoolKat said...

A lovely creation Julia, but sadly not able to consider for a prize in this months challenge. It would be lovely to see you next time at We Love Stamping.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Lisa Elton said...

How Fun is this! You nailed the IB challenge, Julia!

Laurel said...

This is a fantastic card! Great take on the inspiration! Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!

~amy~ said...

Julia, this is perfect!
Thanks for joining us at the Inspired By Challenge!

I Card Everyone said...

Hi, Julia! I've had a wonderful stroll through your darling cards but had to come back to this one - it's a 24 'carrot' spectacular card!
I miss those wonderful inspired by photos! I'm calling you the winner!
=]

Trina P. said...

Nailed it again… how cute and fun!