Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Well Done, Graduate!

I needed a card for a friend's son who is graduating from High School next week.  I only have a few graduation stamps and was trying to think of a good design when I  remembered a free digital graduation cap pattern I found from The Toymaker and I made this!
You can print it in black like below - or in white and add your own school colors.
I printed the digital cap on white cardstock, cut it out and quickly assembled it. The top measures 3 3/4" x 3 3/4".  The bottom of the box is 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" graduating in a bit to the top.
 The cap opens so you can put a gift inside.  I rolled up some cash and tied it with a piece of wrinkled seam tape.
All the stamps I used are from two retired Waltzingmouse sets, Free Spirit Boy and Free Spirit Sentiments.


I added the tassel using a large brad through the top of the cap.  There is a paper tassel with the digi image pattern.

I'm linking my graduation card to:
Graduation

The Influence of a Good Teacher can never be erased. 
(a student can't graduate without having had good teachers!)


Stamps:  Free Spirit Boy, Free Spirit Sentiments - Waltzingmouse (retired)
Paper:  White, Summer Sunrise - PTI
Ink:  True Black - PTI
Accessories:  Free digital pattern images -  The Toymaker, tassel, large brad, oval punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, Word Window Punch - SU, Tombow Glue

13 comments:

Cami said...

Thank you for sharing this Julia! Your mortarboard gift box is awesome! The graduate will be happy to receive this!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wow! That's an awesome idea for a graduation gift - and isn't money always the best gift for the new grad? I love your hat/box!

Mac Mable said...

So creative and so very thoughtful of you x

Betty Wright said...

This is wonderful! A fantastic gift presentation for a graduate! Great design, Julia!

Trina P. said...

Love this! An awesome grad gift. And what brilliance in resolving your shortage of grad products. xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

super cool...you are so talented.
x Karen

Loll said...

Fantastic!! What a great graduation gift, Julia. This cap is a wonderful keepsake. I love your 3D projects!! xx

Waleska said...

Amazing project!!! Love all the encouraging words you used!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Always Fun Challenges blog!

Waleska Owner

Joanne said...

This is fabulous, Julia!! My son is graduating from college soon and I may have to make something like this for him. Really awesome project!

Mary Marsh said...

this is a creative idea for a graduate. I always like your amazing 3D projects

Jackie C said...

This is fantastic, just love this and so would nay graduate! Perfect for our Challenge! So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges. Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @AFC

Sybrina K said...

Hi, Julia! Love this non-card creative take on our thank-a-teacher Words 2 Craft By! Thanks so much for playing with us at Words 2 Craft By. :)

Sybrina K said...

Julia, Me again... with great news! Your wonderful graduation project was chosen as the winner in our Words 2 Craft By Challenge! Please e-mail me at cards[dot]by[dot]sybrina[at]gmail[dot]com to make prize arrangements. :)