Friday, May 10, 2019

May Your Coffee be Strong - final card for the Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!

Here's my final (I think!?!) card for the Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!  It all ends today!
I just purchased this wonderful stamp set, Coffee with a Splash from Altenew.  It comes with several sentiments that can be used for all kinds of occasions and has several coffee cups as well as coffee circle stains!  
To create the background, I smooshed a watercolor paper panel onto my craft mat where I had rubbed Ranger Distress Tattered Rose ink and spritzed with water,  then I did the same with Ranger Distress Oxide Tattered Rose and finally Ranger Distress Oxide Vintage Photo.  I stamped the coffee cup using Ranger Distress Oxide Walnut Stain.   I die cut the panel with Pierced Feature Frames: Rectangles from PTI and popped the outside frame onto the card base with foam dots.  Then I adhered the inside panel inside the frame.  I stamped the sentiment on a strip of watercolor paper that I had smooshed with the Distress Tattered Rose and popped it up on foam dots. I added a tiny pink enamel heart to the coffee cup.

What a fun week it has been creating coffee/tea cards for the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!  I was lucky enough to already have won a flash prize over on the Coffee Lovers FB page on Wednesday!  A huge thank you to Amy and her crew who puts this massive blog hop together twice a year and thanks also to all of the wonderful sponsors who offer prizes for us!

Stamps:  Coffee with a Splash - Altenew
Paper:  Water color paper - Canson,  White - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Tattered Rose, Ranger Distress Oxide Tattered Rose, Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo.
Accessories:  Pierced Feature Frames: Rectangles - PTI, foam dots, craft mat, water mister, enamel heart - Altenew

13 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Oh I love your smooshed background on this fabulous card!

~amy~ said...

oh how amazing, I love this Julia!

nancy littrell said...

Looks like you spilled a bit of your coffee while designing your fun coffee cup card, Julia. The perfect coffee colors for you smooshed card. TFS Hugs..Nancy

New Creations said...

Love the textures, amazing!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and a wonderful background.

Becca Yahrling said...

So rich & yummy! I love this set; I have it, too.

Fikreta said...

Beautiful card!

Billie A said...

Beautiful card.

Karen Letchworth said...

What a fun coffee card. Great design.

Bonnie said...

Perfectly smooshed background for your coffee cup, Julia! Hope you win a prize!

Papercraft Boutique said...

A wonderful, smooshed background, Julia! Love the combination of Tattered Rose and Vintage Photo. The coffee image is perfect for this background. The framing is cool too!
Hideko xx

Hetty said...

LOve this, perfect background!

Words and Pictures said...

Love those coffee splatters in the background, though I usually try to drink more than I spill... don't want to waste the precious caffeine! Great card!
Alison x