Monday, May 20, 2019

Let's Shell-ebrate - Eileen Hulls new Embossing Powders!

Eileen Hull, along with Emerald Creek, has just released some beautiful Molten Dimensions Embossing Powders and her Inspiration Team will be posting projects using them all month.  They will be gathered over at Eileen's Blog so be sure to check it out!
 Today, I'm sharing a project that I used the gorgeous Aqua Splash Molten Dimensions Powder on.  When I tried it out, the look of it immediately made me think of the ocean, and the beach, which then made me think shells!
Kent and I have spent several vacations on Sanibel Island, FL  which is known for the wonderful shells on all it's beaches - and I have several bags of them!  I was happy to get them out and finally use some!
First, I die cut the pieces of  Eileen's Basket die out of Little Sizzles Mat Board.  I stamped the pieces with Versamark and poured the Aqua Splash over them -  the powder is so grainy that not much stuck when I tapped off the excess -  so I sprinkled a little more on each piece.  I started heating the pieces with my heat tool from below, holding the piece in a pair of tweezers.  As the powder started to melt, I held my heat tool above the panel holding it about 5" above so as not to blow off any loose pieces, moving it closer as it really started to melt.
And what a gorgeous result! It really does look like the foaming ocean!  There are white and aqua bits mixed and also spaces that show of the matboard.  I was going to sponge over the edges but decided I like the clean white and aqua colors!
I didn't die cut the handles or the rims from the basket die - but wanted to have something nautical looking on the basket somehow.  So I got out Eileen's Twist and Style tool, cut a piece of twine about 10 feet long, folded it in half and then in half again, looped it onto the Twist and Style tool and made a piece that looks like the thick rope you see on docks and boats!
The twist won't stay tight on twine like it does if you use wire with the tool, so as I adhered it to the rim of the basket with my hot glue gun, I kept re-twisting it as I moved along the edge.  And it gave me just the look I was hoping for!  A nice thick twisted piece of twine!
I used my hot glue gun to adhere some shells on the back of the basket as well.
I die cut one of the circles from Eileen's Book Plate Hinges and Label set for the stamped sentiment and added the flip flop stickers along with the fence, bird and another shell.
So please check out Eileen's Blog all this month to see what projects the Inspiration Team is creating using these lovely new powders from Emerald Creek and Eileen Hull!

Also linking my Shell-ebrate basket to:
Try it on Tuesday: Let's Party 



Stamps:  Fence Line Summer - Papertey Ink.
Paper:  Little Sizzles Matboard - Sizzix, white - Papertrey Ink.
Ink:  ersamark, Limestone, Silver Stone, Industrial Diamond, Rocky Shore - Altenew.
Accessories:  Basket Die, Bookplate Hinges and Label Dies, Twist and Style Tool- Eileen Hull/Sizzix, Fence Line Summer Die Set - Papertrey Ink, Aqua Splash Molten Dimensions - Eileen Hull/Emerald Creek, shells from Sanibel Island, Flip Flop Stickers - Michaels, hot glue gun

13 comments:

Redanne said...

I have literally just got my Aqua Splash, the colour is so gorgeous! I love your beach themed basket and the embossing looks fabulous. Love those dinky sandals too! Hugs, Anne xx

froebelsternchen said...

Gorgeous is your beach basket ! A delightful project - absoltely after my taste ! Thank you very much for celebrating with us over at Try It On Tuesday Julia ! WHat a pleasure to have you with us this time! Much appreciated! Susi xxx Happy new week!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh my! Thank you for joining our celebrations at Try It On Tuesday with this fabulous Shell-ebration basket! Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I like that basket of shells. It is really clever. Thanks for joining us for the party at Try It On Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

Annie said...

Those powders look amazing Julia and I loved the idea of a beach themed basket. Very clever xx

SEnding my best wishes
Annie x

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous project, the powders give a wonderful textured look and effect to the basket.
Thank you for sharing this with us at Try it on Tuesdays and for joining our 10th Birthday celebrations.
Yvonne

Joan said...

Fabulous seashore basket. The embossing powder looks amazing

Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday challenge

Joan

laurie said...

Wow this is awesome! what a great project. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

Mac Mable said...

Always so good to use finds from your vacations....what great memories. Stunning creations and what wonderful inspiration....Thank you x.

Eileen Bergen said...

Fabulous sea shell basket, Julia. Thanks for all the great product tips and thank you for joining us at TioT. Eileen xx

Bonnie said...

This is awesome, Julia! Love that gorgeous embossing powder and what a perfect way to display some of those shells!

Rosie said...

wow, a gorgeous beach basket.

Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

Words and Pictures said...

A quick groan of appreciation for the punning post title, and a big round of applause for the project. Your little trug of shells is simply charming. I love the rope trim, even if it was tricky to get it to behave - definitely worth the effort!
Alison x