Monday, November 6, 2023

Sewing with Cocoa

 I've got another card for the Fall/Winter Coffee Lovers Blog hop today.  

My  design was inspired by the Featured Stamper Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.  I CASED a card she had made with a sewing machine on it -  a funny item to have on a Coffee Lovers card right??  

So I used a hot cocoa patterned paper for the background and the cloth on the machine!

I just love the detail of this wonderful Sew Vintage die and stamps from the Greetery, it has quite a few pieces to die cut but the result is well worth it!

  (I die cut 4 sets while I was at it so I have 3 more to use on other cards when I want them!) 
 
Inside I've stamped a Christmas sentiment.  I'm going to send this to a cousin who sews professionally, she'll get a kick out of the vintage machine.


I'm also linking my card to:
anything goes Christmas


All About the Holidays

First time using the Sew Vintage dies and stamps



Stamps: Sew Vintage - The Greetery, Flurries - Waltzingmouse (retired)
Paper: True Black, Kraft, Spring Rain - PTI, Brushed Silver - SU, DP Winter 6x6 Paperpad - Echo Park
Ink: Nocturne - Versafine Clair, Versamark
Accessories: Sew Vintage Die, A2 Arches Die - The Greetery, foam dots, Vanilla snowflakes - Simon Says Stamp, Gold Embossing Powder, heat tool.

9 comments:

Angy said...

Beautiful- love that sewing machine

CarlavdM said...

What a wonderfull card and a great idea to use this for the coffee blog hop.
It reminds me of my grandmother's sewing machine ;o)

Loll said...

This is beautiful, Julia! LOVE that sewing machine! xx

Bonnie said...

I remember sewing on a machine very like this, Julia! The paper is perfect and the detail of this die is amazing!

Lisa Elton said...

Yes, all of the die cut pieces were worth it, this is pretty!!

Shelly said...

This is so beautiful!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous sewing machine and I love the coffee cup "material" you sewed, Julia! That arch diecut really set it off nicely!!

Celeste Goff said...

So much detail on this beautiful card!

Dotty Jo said...

Oh, Julia, you've got me swooning over this one and no mistake. You are so talented, Jo x