Saturday, November 11, 2023

Aging Pumpkins

 I found a really fun technique over at Splitcoaststampers - Aging Textured Die cuts.  here's the link to the YouTube video by Lydia.    Basically you smoosh your textured die cuts into several DOX inks and then sponge over them with Distress Vintage Photo.


 I die cut the pumpkins from the Autumn Harvest Die set by The Greetery.  I rubbed Dox inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Carved Pumpkin, Crushed Pistachio and Salt Water Taffy onto my glass board, spritzed each color with water and pounced into each color with my die cut pumpkins until I liked the mix. I dried the pumpkins and then rubbed over them with my finger with Ranger Distress Vintage Photo ink which also highlights the texture lines.

I wanted to age the wagon as well as the pumpkins - so I die cut the wagon from Rubbernecker out of Hammered White card and rubbed over the pieces with with Ranger Distress Hickory Smoke and Vintage Photo ink pad before putting the pieces together.

I adhered the wagon with the pumpkins as well as a tree sticker and leaves from Jolee onto a piece of patterned paper from Rubbernecker with this lovely fall field scene.  I stamped the sentiment and splattered over the panel with my black POSCA pen.  Inside a stamped Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm linking my card to:

Just Us Girls


NBUS

First time using the wagon die.



Stamps: Autumn Bounty - Sweet N Sassy (retired set)
Paper: Hammered White - Amazon, White - PTI, DP Festival of Colors paper pad - RubberneckerInk: Ranger DOX Squeezed Lemonade, Carved Pumpkin, Crushed Pistachio and Salt Water Taffy, Ranger Distress Hickory Smoke and Vintage Photo, Nocturne Versafine Claire
Accessories: Autumn Harvest dies - The Greetery, Wagon - Rubbernecker, Tree and Leaf stickers - Jolee, Black POSCA Pen, foam dots, Enamel dots - Altenew,

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You've captured autumn perfectly in this charming card, Julia! Your scene is wonderful and I'm completely smitten with that cute little wagon! Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Marcia Hill said...

I sure wish I could find REAL pumpkins that looked like that for my front porch Julia...sooooooo cool looking! Sounds like a fun technique and sure made for a beautiful Fall card...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

Carol said...

What a fun fall scene! Your pumpkins look real!!!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous wagon of pumpkins, Julia, and I love the scene you've created for it! Thanks for sharing the link; I'm off to watch the vid!

Susan said...

Fabulous card, Julia! I love the way the pumpkins turned out. I just bought some hammered cs so must remember to try aging it that way.

HilaryJane said...

Lovely texture. I shall have to check that out. Thanks for sharing. You have created a beautiful autumnal scene xx

Loll said...

Very cool technique Julia. LOVE your aged pumpkins --- awesome. The wagon looks great over the texture paper. xx

baileyrosy.com said...

Goodness me those pumpkins look so realistic what a great technique I really must give it a go. Your card is fabulous and really captures the autumn mood.

Marie

Christine Alexander said...

awesome card, I just love how your coloured the pumpkins ♥