Friday, November 3, 2023

Oh Deer, It's Christmas

 My son and DIL live in a log house on the top of a mountain and they have deer that come to the back of their home every day.  The deer live all around them in the woods.  So, I'm always looking for cute deer stamps/dies/sentiments to use on cards for them.

I've had this Dashing Deer Bigz Die for many years but I can't remember ever using it.   I recently purchased the It's Christmas, Oh Deer stamp from Unity (it's on sale right now - just sayin') and realized, combined, they make a fun shaped card -  perfect to send to my son and DIL this year!

I die cut the deer twice out of white hammered paper and inked it by rubbing both Classic Kraft and Fine Linen ink pads over it.

I die cut the sentiment with an arches die from The Greetery and inked over that piece.

I adhered the front and back of the deer across the ears and antlers, scoring the back piece below the adhesive, so it will stand up.  I adhered the sentiment to the deer along the side edge on the front.
I colored the nose with a black pen and added a black gem for the eye.  I added white dots with my white POSCA pen around the Oh Deer sentiment but they are hardly noticible!?

I love how this came out!


I'm linking my card to:

Oh Deer
ends 11/12

Anything Goes
ends 11/12

First time using the Oh Deer stamp and I think it's the first time using the deer die.

Monochromatic
ends 11/7





Stamps: It's Christmas, Oh Deer - Unity Stamps
Paper: white hammered paper - Amazon
Paper Size: 4" wide x 5" tall
Ink: Classic Kraft and Fine Linen - PTI, Espresso - Altenew
Accessories: Dashing Deer Bigz Die - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, A2 Arches die - The Greetery, Black 01 micron Pen (for nose), black gem (for eye), white POSCA pen.

13 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

How cute is this shaped card! Your kids will love this :)

Loll said...

WOW! Amazing card Julia. They are going to love it!! Great work! xx

Lisa Elton said...

I agree with Vicki, and Loll, they are going to love this! What a handsome card, Julia!

nancy littrell said...

You are so clever, Julia..Your son and DIL will Love their very special one of a kind Oh Deer Christmas card. TFS Love and Hugs, Nancy

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a special card and I love the texture on your stag, Julia!!

Darnell said...

That sure looks like a winning deer card, just sayin', sis! And it sure looks like something your (lucky!) son and DIL will bring out every year for the mantle decor! I never thought about inking my hammered card, so thank you for that great fur idea! And thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

What a special card for your son and daughter-in-law, Julia! Fantastic~

Susan said...

What a fabulous and unique card for them, Julia. Love the use of the hammered cs!

Christine Alexander said...

I'm loving your your shaped cards, I need some big dies to make these :)

Diane said...

Wow, it's an awesome card, so creative, they will LOVE it!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

Francesca said...

Beautiful creation! Thanks for playing at Christmas Craft Creations

Linda said...

What a great card for your son and DIL Julia. A fun and unexpected shape too. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations this month.

Bunny said...

I love this. It's beautiful. Now, if I were to make this card for my grandson and SIL they would have already counted and known that this was a 14 point Buck which is HUGE because they are hunters. They hunt for meat only and share with the church. So, not boos and hisses, y'all. Great card. [Bunny]