Thursday, November 2, 2023

October Cards Reveal - The Card Chain Challenge!

 Today's the reveal of the 34 cards exchanged in October over at the Card Chain Challenge blog.  For October, I sent a card to Barbara in Switzerland (it was Barbara's first time playing along!) and I received a card from Bonnie in Colorado.

There is always a  sketch, color scheme, themes and Product/Technique offered to use - you can choose all things or just one thing.

This month, I chose the themes of Bears and Friendship!  Can you tell that by the look of my card?!!

Instead of putting Theodore on a card (Theodore Colorize die/Tim Holtz/Sizzix) - I made him a stand alone by die cutting an extra base piece and adhering the front and back together just at the top of his head.  

I scored a line on the back piece just below the glued section, so the back would fold open as shown below in the photo on the right and he'd stand up.

Check out all of the 34 cards that were exchanged in October over at the Card Challenge Blog!  

You can also sign up to join in on the November Exchange here.  
You need to sign up by Nov 6th - come join us!


I'm linking my card to:
ends 11/25




Stamps:  Whittle Love - Poppy Stamps
Paper:  Tan, Brown, Dark Brown - Bazzill
Ink:  Ranger Distress Vintage Photo, Espresso - Altenew
Accessories:  Theodore Colorize Thinlit die - Tim Holtz/Sizzix

13 comments:

Susan said...

What a great idea! Love the free standing bear!

papierelle said...

I had to grin at first, your bear card is simply wonderful. Such a brilliant idea and I'm happy for Barbara that she gets such a special card the first time.

Ellibelle said...

So fabulous Julia, love that he is free standing!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable bear shaped card, Julia - something special to treasure, that's for sure!! Lucky Barbara!!

Lisa Elton said...

Theodore is one delightful fella! What a treat this must have been for Barbara to open! This is oodles of fun, Julia!

Gail said...

Theodore is just adorable!

Christine Alexander said...

Julia what an amazing card, so clever using the bear as the card - so cute ♥

Jeanne H said...

Your bear card is just wonderful, love it!

crafty-stamper said...

Great idea I love your fabulous bear shaped card.
Carol x

HilaryJane said...

I love this Julia. What a great idea to make him 3D xx

Heather said...

Oh, my goodness, what a fun card!! He is adorable and it would be so fun to pull him out of an envelope!! Thanks for playing with Critter Crazy Challenge.

Dotty Jo said...

What a beauty! I love how you played the bear theme so brilliantly! Thanks for being a link in our chain again, Jo x

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... Theodore is adorable. Love that he has a hug for the recipient. Awesome! xx