Sunday, August 1, 2021

Beneath the Sea Thank You

 I'm lately obsessed with Lavinia Stamps and have been avidly viewing YouTube videos by Eileen Godwin and others for ideas on how to use the stamps and learn the wonderful background techniques they use as well.

I made this card using the beautiful Sebastion after watching one such YouTube video!

Along with the Sebastian stamp I also used  the Sea Algea stamp along both the top and bottom of the panel.  Before I did any stamping I breyered the background using Distress Inks Blueprint Sketch, Peacock Feathers and Squeezed Lemonade graduating from dark to light.  Then I stamped Sebastian with Obsidian ink and the Sea Algea with Elements Blue Laggon ink.

I added white Nuvo drops on Sebastian to lighten up his body a bit in the dark water and added a double layer die cut Thank you across his body.

I'm linking my card to:

The Paper Players Theme Challenge




Stamps: Sebastian, Sea Algea - Lavinia Stamps
Paper: Multifarious Smooth - Lavinia Stamps, White card base, True Black - PTI
Ink: Ranger Distress Peacock Feathers, Blueprint Sketch, Squeezed Lemonade, Elements Blue Lagoon - Lavinia Stamps, Obsidian - Altenew
Accessories: Breyer, Thank You Die - PTI, Gloss Simply White - Nuvo Crystal Drops

7 comments:

LeAnne said...

Julia, this is gorgeous! The stamp alone is fabulous but that background really makes it look like an underwater scene! Just beautiful! So happy you played with our challenge this week!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning background, Julia, and I love your dotted seahorse!!

Christine Alexander said...

Sebastian was one of my first Lavinia purchases, awesome card and beautiful underwater effect ♥

Bonnie said...

An amazing sea scene for Sebastian, Julia! Love the brayered background and stamped seaweed as well as that handsome seahorse!

Loll said...

WOW! This is one STUNNING card, Julia! I LOVE Sebastian and have him on my wish list. And I do love Eileen's techniques. You did amazing work with this technique! xx

Debbie Crowley said...

What an amazing background, Julia. Your design is amazing in every way. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great depth of colour to your seascape Julia - it really feels like the seahorse is under the water. Thanks for playing along with our seaside themed challenge over at The Paper Players this week!