Sunday, August 29, 2021

Birthday Beer for Ron

 A friend asked me to make a card for her husband for his 70th birthday coming up in September - she said "maybe have fireworks or balloons on it?"    I asked her if he liked beer as I had a new die set that I was dying to try out - she said "yes" - and so this is the card I created.

I sponged through a Brick Wall Stencil from Sweet Poppy for the background.  I used The Greetery pinwheel stencils and dies as well as her Shiplap Builder dies., I punched the circle and tag, and die cut the beer tap and mug from Gina Marie Designs.
To make the mug look like a frosty glass, I die cut the mug 3 times out of vellum and inked the three mug pieces with Aqua Alcohol ink and let them dry (it was quick being AI!) I glued two of the mugs together and glued a rectangle of Summer Sunrise cardstock (the beer) in the center of the top mug and then glued the final vellum mug over that.  I white embossed the foam piece and adhered that on top of the mug.  The mug is popped up on foam dots as is one of the pinwheels.

I'm linking my card to The Paper Players
I used the middle row across - Birthday - Die Cut/Punch - Masculine






Stamps:  Pinwheel Party - The Greetery, Haunted Headstones Sentiments - PTI.
Paper:  Fine Linen, Vellum, Summer Sunrise - PTI, Brushed Silver - SU, Brown Coredinations.
Ink:  True Black - PTI, Pumice Stone, Gathered Twigs, Salty Ocean, Festive Berries - Ranger Distress, Versamark, Aqua Alcohol Ink - Ranger.
Accessories:  Brick Wall Backplate Stencil - Sweet Poppy, Beer Tap and Mug Dies - Gina Marie Designs, Pinwheel Party Dies and Stencils,  Ship Lap Builder dies - The Greetery, Alphanumeric Tiny Type Upper Dies - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, heat tool, White Wonder Molten Dimensions Embossing Powder - Eileen Hull/Emerald Creek, Blender Brush, foam dots, Enamel Dots - Altenew

13 comments:

SmilynStef said...

fun fun fun card

Christine Alexander said...

awesome card, I know any man would love that :) I'd forgotten about Gina Marie dies- off to check them out.

Dawn T said...

Fabulous card Julia. Perfect for those masculine cards.

Bonnie said...

Awesome details on that mug of beer and the background, Julia! I think this card will be a big hit!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fab guy card, Julia - just love the beer tap and glass, so many great details!! And wonderful background too!!

Loll said...

Fantastic birthday card for your friend's hubby! LOVE your new beer dies. So cool! And amazing how you made your frosted beer mug ... it looks so real! Great work Julia! xx

Nancy said...

Talk about creativity at its finest! I just love the beer tap, the pinwheel banners, and that great background! The mug is pretty terrific too! Thanks for playing at both Seize the Birthday and The Paper Players.

Colleen said...

Wow Julia, you really know how to pull lots of things together to make a fabulous card. I bet your friend will love giving that to her husband for his 70th! thanks for joining us at STB!

Mac Mable said...

What a thoughtful and fabulous masculine card. Beer and fireworks and such a fun way that you did the beer glass. Great design and I bet your friend loved it for her husband? x.

Jaydee said...

What a fun card and a fabulous use of the pinwheel and beer and tap dies. I bet your friend was thrilled with the card for her husband. So glad you shared this with us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a fun card all around, Julia! The beer and tap dies are great and i love how your card turned out. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Nancy said...

https://seizethebirthday.blogspot.com/2021/09/winners-221-by-sea.html

Mary Marsh said...

This is a great masculine birthday card Julia- love the mug of beer