Friday, August 13, 2021

Minnie or Mickey?

Today I'm sharing two birthday cards.  I made the Minnie card for a friend who requested a card for her grown daughter that loves Disney!    I didn't have any specific stamps or dies for these two so I checked out Amazon and found some cute stickers and I used that idea for my design.

I  die cut a 3" circle for each face out of black, and then one from dotted red DP for Minnie and one from one from red for Mickey (cut in half and layered over the black circles) I die cut two 1 7/8 circles for the ears.  I used a bow die from The Greetery for Minnie and a really small oval die for Mickie's buttons.

I'm linking my card to:

Inspired by Challenge





Stamps: Birthday Cheer - PTI
Paper: White, Pure Poppy, True Black, Pure Poppy and Black Bitty Big Patterned Paper - PTI
Ink: True Black - PTI
Accessories: 3" circle die, small oval die, 1 7/8" circle die - Nestabilities/Spellbinders, Bow die (on Minnie) - Fit to Be Tied - The Greetery, Birthday Cheer Die (on Minnie) - PTI, Happy Birthday Combo die ( on Mickey) - Poppy Stamps.

12 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Both cards are so creative, such fun and I just love how these came together Julia x.

Danni Reid said...

Oh Julia these are SO inspiring! I love how you were inspired to use sticker inspiration for your designs, they are so fun, happy, and perfect for the Disney lovers of all ages! Thank you for inspiring us @IB this week!

LeAnne said...

These are SO cute! Love how you created these, they're adorable!

Christine Alexander said...

so cute and clever Julia, I'm sure they will be loved ♥

Dawn T said...

Very creative Julia. Lovely cards.

Kate said...

So cute! I have a grown up niece who would love either of these cards! Very creative and thanks for for sharing!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow Julia - so creative and fun! Love your Mickey and Minnie!!

Bonnie said...

So clever and perfect for the Inspired By Challenge! I believe you have two winners here, my friend!

Loll said...

Adorable cards Julia! Great designs!! xx

I Card Everyone said...

Julia, there is no way to choose a favorite [though I've always loved Minnie most!] I'm thrilled to have you join us at Inspired By with this darling card! Isn't it amazing where we find our inspiration sometimes?
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Love that you made both Minnie and Mickey! Two darling and creative cards. Thanks for joining us at IB!

Silke Ledlow said...

Both cards are super cute! Thank you for inspiring us :)