Monday, August 9, 2021

Boo Treat Box for Halloween

 This month Eileen Hull's Inspiration Team is creating with the theme "All Season Crafting!"   

I decided to make a Halloween Treat Box using her new Chapter 3 Box Ornament Die.

I used the box piece, the circles and the moon shaped piece from the ornament die for this project.
I had this black net bag in my stash, I think it held some Halloween skulls I got at Joann last year.  The uneven open edges worked perfectly giving it a spooky 'rising smoke' look.  I filled the bag with Hershey Kisses.  
If this was traveling to someone,  I'd tie a ribbon of some sort around the top to keep the candy inside!

The Happy Halloween sentiment is from Midnight Feast - a retired stamp set from Waltzingmouse.
Here are a few photos on how I colored the box pieces.    I cut everything out of matboard.  I had already colored the circles and the moon piece but will show you how I colored the box sides.  I colored the circle in the same way I'm showing coloring the box sides below.  For the moon, I just sponged with Squeezed Lemonade and Spiced Marmalade.
Here is how I inked the box.  First, I sponged over the panel with Squeezed Lemonade.
Then I added some Salty Ocean
Next I sponged with Seedless Preserves.
And the final color added is Black Soot (mostly along the edges-  all this to create a night sky!
On the inside of the circles and the box piece, I sponged black, just so it wasn't stark white inside!
 The boo is a die from Ellen Hutson and I cut it out of a holographic silver paper (so it shimmers IRL!), the tiny silver stars are from Honey Bee Stamps, the bats and owl on the branch are from an older slim line die strip from Tim Holtz.  


So be sure to check out Eileen Hull's Blog every Wednesday this month to find lots of All Season inspiration from her design teams!

Stamps:  Midnight Feast - Waltzingmouse (retired)
Paper:  Little Sizzles White Matboard - Sizzix, Kraft Stock Black Metallic Paper - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology, Holographic Silver paper - Park Lane/Joann.
Ink:  True Black - PTI, Ranger Distress Black Soot, Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves.
Accessories:  Box Ornament Die - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, Boo Die - Essentials by Ellen/Ellen Hutson, Halloween Shadows Strip Die - Tim Holtz/Sizzix (retired), round sponges and applicator - Ranger, ScorTape, Ultrabond Adhesive - iCraft, Zig Glue Pen, Silver Stars - Honey Bee Stamps, Tiny Tinkles - Taylored Expressions, black netting from stash.

8 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such an adorable treat box, Julia! Just love the sweet little owl across the moon and the gorgeous inking!! I enjoy upcycling mesh too - your black works perfectly!!

LeAnne said...

Love it all! Such a fun, spooky treat!

Mac Mable said...

What a fun and spooky project, so creative and I love it Julia x.

Loll said...

This is so awesome, especially with the spooky black netting! :) What a fun creative way to gift some hershey kisses for Halloween. xx

Bonnie said...

You make the best seasonal decorations, Julia! Love how you've colored this and the black netting is the icing on the cake!

Lisa Hoel said...

so fabulous Julia!! Love that you used a "stripe" as the moon. =)

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

So clever to use the die cut as a crescent moon! I love it!

eileen hull said...

Julia- this project is so clever! Love how you turned the ornament into a Halloween treat box. And that mom- genius!