Sunday, August 15, 2021

Mid Month Reminder - CAS Christmas Card Challenge - Decorations

 I'm posting today with a mid-month reminder about the CAS Christmas Card Challenge - you have until 8/24 to link your card!   Our theme this month is Decorations!  

For my reminder card, I used a Toy Soldier Die from Sizzix.   It's an older die and was on sale last year at Sizzix for really cheap! (It's still on sale for $8.00!)  He's the perfect size for an A2 card too!
I simply die cut the pieces out of the colors I wanted and assembled the Toy Soldier.  I used 3 of the frames from Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frames from MFT to place behind my soldier, one cut from metallic gold and two cut from white card.  At first I just had the white frames - but felt I needed the outer frame in gold to define the space better.  I adhered the soldier with foam dots over the frames.  I added a tiny yellow rhinestone to his hat plume.

We hope to see your decorations on a CAS Christmas card over at the CAS Christmas Card Challenge!

Paper: Red, Black - Ranger Distress Core-dinations Collection, Metallic Gold - Park Lane/Joann, white - PTI.
Accessories:  Toy Soldier Die - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frames - MFT, foam dots, Tiny Twinkles - Taylored Expressions.

14 comments:

Linda said...

Very cute toy soldier to brighten up your card. Love the frames to showcase your soldier.

Trina P. said...

Great deal on this cute toy soldier! At first, I thought he was supposed to be a nutcracker. *lol*😂. The framing highlights him beautifully.

Bonnie said...

What a fun Christmas card, Julia! Love this "wooden" soldier all decked out in red and white! The gold frames him perfectly!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Oh I love this toy soldier card, Julia! You framed him perfectly with stitched scallop design and dimension. The gold outer frame definitely gives definition and a finished feeling to the card! A wonderful design choice!
Hideko xx

Marcia Hill said...

Your toy soldier is SO fun Julia!! How cute and for only $8?! I just may have to check this out!! Your gold framing is perfect too...fabulous card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Dawn T said...

Lovely Julia. I've got an old die similar to this... almost forgotten about it. Thanks for inspiring me.

Christine Alexander said...

What a great nutcracker die, he looks so regal in his gold and white frame :)

Barb Ghig said...

Your toy soldier is so striking, Julia! I love the bold red against all that fabulous white space, and how you placed the gold border around the perimeter...such a beautiful Christmas card! xx

Susan said...

Great toy soldier! Love the way you used gold and white to frame him.

Loll said...

Fabulous toy soldier, Julia (and what a deal!). He looks awesome with the framing. xx

Mac Mable said...

What a bargain and what a stunning card. The toy soldier looks amazing and loving the framing too Julia x.

Brenda in IN said...

This is a perfect Christmas decoration for a mantle or hanging on the tree. A great job of framing him and the gold frame is stunning.

Cathy said...

Your toy soldier is beautifully framed Julia, great find too, Cathy x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your toy soldier on his layed frames, Julia! What a fabulous bargain too!!