Wednesday, February 24, 2016

The Christmas Bell

Yes - here's another Christmas card I've made for my stash!   But it's also a card for a rather sad occasion -  Claire has announced that she is closing Waltzingmouse Stamps on March 31, 2016 :(    I have been on her Design Team since she first gathered one almost 7 years ago and I have just loved using her creatively designed stamps, templates and dies for all of those years.   You will find her announcement here.
The one star in this dark sky is that Tara and Deborah - over at Waltzingmouse Fanatics - are running a blog hop to honor Claire and to let her know we care about her and want to show her some love  - where everyone can link up their cards (newly created or old ones)  made using Waltzingmouse stamps. The link will be open until March 31.
So - here is a card I just made using Folk Art Christmas Additions stamps and dies as well as the Pretty Circles die.
I embossed the sentiment onto dotted vellum and layered the panel over the gold foil panel.
I die cut and gold embossed the bell and layered it over the Pretty Circles die with foam tape, looping a piece of thin gold thread through the top.
 I added a few sequins to finish it off.
I'm also linking my card to the following challenges:
Merry Monday - Use a Bell
So Thank You Claire - for all your wonderful Waltzingmouse stamp designs - I have so enjoyed using them all these years - and I wish you the very best in your future endeavors!
Stamps:  Folk Art Christmas - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White, Sheer Basics Pattern Pack, Luxe Foil Designer Papers - PTI
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Dies - Folk Art Christmas Additions, Pretty Circle Die - Waltzingmouse, foam dots, gold thread from stash, gold embossing powder, heat tool.

19 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

So beautiful done in gold! Love the vellum overlay! And I am jealous that you are working ahead 😊. Glad you joined us at FMS!

Annette Allen said...

that is sad news.. your card is totally stunning..

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Julia! You have always done an amazing job showcasing Claire's beautiful designs! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Deb said...

Beautiful card Julia, what a lovely way to showcase the Waltzing Mouse stamps! Deb xo

Redanne said...

Oh how sad to hear that Claire is closing down but her reasons are totally understandable. It must be very sad for you Julia, since you have been there from the start of the DT. I have so enjoyed seeing your wonderful makes with the WM stamps. This card is no exception, I love your beautiful design! Hugs, Anne xx

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous...love your fabulous card.

Crafty Cakes and Cards said...

This card is a lovely different take on this weeks challenge. Your use of the vellum is lovely and you have inspired me to go get mine out and have a go.mthank you.

Elizabeth said...

You have created a beautiful tribute. The combo of gold, vellum and sequins is now on my must-try list!

Bonnie said...

What an elegant card, Julia! I love all that gold embossing! Wow! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome design and so elegant. Thanks for playing at Merry Monday.

Heather Hopson said...

Very elegant card. I love how you used the gold and vellum together. Beautiful!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

This is so BEAUTIFUL and elegant Julia! I love it!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is a gorgeous card for a sad occasion. :(
Thank you for linking up at Merry Monday too!

Patti said...

A beautiful card and way to say goodbye to this little chapter in your life. Look for new opportunities : ) your cards are great!!

Patti

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely stunning card! Clean, crisp elegance and a lovely tribute to Claire's fabulous designs. xxx

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful Christmas card Julia! I love all of that gold! What a sweet bell! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

So pretty Julia how you coordinated everything in gold! Thanks for playing Merry Monday with us!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

This card is so elegant and gorgeous Julia!! Love the gold and vellum combination!

Charmaine Stack said...

Terrific card, Julia. You always showcase Claire's stamps to full effect. I will miss WMS but plan to keep checking in on you! :-)