Thursday, February 11, 2016

Pinecone Chalkboard

I finally got a chance to participate in another Merry Monday Challenge - it's been a few weeks since I've made a Christmas card and I didn't want to fall behind in building up my stash for next Christmas.
The challenge is Chalkboard.  I stamped the Blueprint Pinecone on black card stock with Versamark and embossed it with white embossing powder.  I did the same with the Handwritten Holidays sentiment.   I scribbled white chalk over the whole panel then wiped over it with a paper towel.
I stamped the cone again and embossed in white - cut it out and layered the cut out over the image on the panel using foam dots.   This was the technique Tim Holtz used on his January 2016 tag 
(Here's my Tim tag here)
I added 3 metallic sequins as a nod to the brown color of a natural pinecone.  I layered the chalkboard panel to a silver panel and then to a white card base.
Merry Monday - Chalkboard

Stamps:  Handwritten Holidays and Christmas Blueprint 4 - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous
Paper:  White, True Black - PTI, Silver Foil Cardstock - SU
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  white embossing powder, foam dots, white chalk, Metallic Sequins - My Craft Spot

23 comments:

Juliz Design Post said...

Lovely card Julia and I like the added touch of the sequins.
Julie x

Nancy R. said...

Great card Julia. That pinecone is perfect for this challenge and love the idea to add the brown sequins.

maria f. said...

What a classy chalkboard card!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

OMG I LOVE this!!! I'll be stealing this......not just casing. Thanks, gf!

Heather Hopson said...

Wow what a design, looks like you spent a lot of time making it. Nicely done.

Kristie Goulet said...

That stamp is perfect for the chalkboard technique! So happy you played along.

Annette Allen said...

WOW this is fabulous.. hmmm might need that cool tree :) love this

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Julia! You rocked the chalkboard challenge!

Loll said...

Great job with the chalkboard technique. Love the dimension! xx

~amy~ said...

LOVE this Julia! Love the chalkboard technique!

Betty Wright said...

This is fantastic, Julia! Love the chalkboard design with the dimensional tree! Wonderful Christmas card!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Your pinecone is so pretty layered the way you did. I am from the Pinecone state of Maine so I giggled when I saw this! Thanks for playing Merry Monday this week!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, Julia - this works so well - what an effective design, really showcasing the stamp beautifully. I love it.
Alison xx

Pamellia said...

Fabulous holiday card Julia. I love the choice of the pine cone, it works so well with the chalkboard technique. hugs :)

conil said...

I'd say you nailed it! This is the epitome of the chalkboard technique. You've picked the perfect stamp and embellished is minimally, doesn't need anything else. I smell a winner.

Tracey McNeely said...

Julia this is a perfect image for chalkboard, turned out amazing!

Barbara said...

This card is absolutely stunning! Love the "technical drawing" feel of it.

Annie said...

Love your fabulous chalkboard card Julia x Great details and stamp

TFS and hugs Annie x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, so unusual and really works with the chalkboard effect.

Lee-Anne said...

Love this...the layered tree adds fabulous dimension and I love the pop of color from the sequins, Julia!

Bonnie said...

I'm late to say that this is a great chalkboard, Julia! Hope you can bring some berries to Merry Monday next week! Thanks for your encouragement at CAS Mix Up. Hope to see you there too.

Jenny Marples said...

Love this chalkboard beauty! Jenny x

Kim Heggins said...

I love this!