Thursday, February 25, 2016

PapertreyInk February Blog Hop

It's time for the PapertreyInk February Blog Hop - always such a fun challenge to participate in!
And here is the lovely inspiration photo Nicole picked out for us from Real Simple Magazine:
I focused on the colors, the little frog and butterfly, the glitter, the design on the green napkin and gray pattern on that little pink panel sticking out on the bottom left!
Pretty much everything on my card is PTI, accept for the embossing folder, the butterfly, sequins and gems.  All the stamps I used are now in The Vault (older sets).  The frog is from  - Pond Life, the sentiment is from Flower Garden Sentiments, the stem stamp is from Beyond Basic Borders.  The tag is Tag Sale #10.
The papers are Limeaide Ice, Sweet Blush, Vintage Cream (card base), Vintage Cream Linen (tag base), the ribbon is Spring Moss Top Notch Twill that I tied with a piece of twine.  The striped background is from Simply Chartreuse Paper Pack. The frog, the scalloped tag piece and the tag base are all layered with foam dots.

I always enjoy seeing what stamps the other blog hoppers are inspired to use!  You can find everyone linked up over at Nicole's Blog.

I'm also linking my card to:
Cut it Up Challenge -  Leap Year (use a frog and a die cut)
Stamps:  Pond Life, Flower Garden Sentiments, Beyond Basic Borders - PTI
Paper:  Vintage Cream, Vintage Cream Linen, Limeaide Ice, Sweet Blush, Simply Chartreuse Paper Pack - PTI
Ink:  Simply Chartreuse, Stormy Sea, True Black - PTI
Accessories:  Tag Sale Die #10 - PTI, Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, Avery Elle Winter Blend Sequins, Tiny Twinkles - Taylored Expressions, Herringbone Embossing Folder - Provo Craft, Spring Moss Topnitch Twill and Twine - PTI.

46 comments:

Keri said...

So stinkin' cute! Love that little frog! :)

Lynn Put said...

This is wonderful! The details of the frog and butterfly on your pretty tag combined with your sweet sentiment is fantastic.

Unknown said...

Oooh love the stripes, that texture and your tag.....NICE!

Marcia Hill said...

Love this card! I so wished I had a frog to add to my card, and love it that you were able to incorporate it into this beauty! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Ted said...

Such a darling card! I love that little frog! :)

victoria h said...

wonderful card- can't believe you even added the frog

Luanne said...

How fun! Love the jumping froggie! Great card!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a fun card and am loving all the green (my fave color)!

Karen B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen B. said...

Oh how I adore the bit of whimsy you brought to the card with the frog! Awesome card.

~amy~ said...

julia, this is so fun...I adore all the green!

maria f. said...

All that green makes me happy. Spring, maybe? On another note, sorry to hear about WMS.

Nancy Penir said...

Julia, I was so hoping someone would see that darling frog and use it! Gorgeous composition and layering, loving the added design to the tag!!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

I am liking all of your layers of patterns and textures. Great card!

Inkyfingers said...

This is so fresh and stylish Julia. I love the texture of the embossing!

Patti said...

Spring has sprung!! Your card is delightful : ) I just love your frog!!

Patti

Cindy O said...

So nice with all the textures and I love your frog! The gray pattern, the twill and twine, the sequins ... it's fun looking at all the details in your lovely composition!

Joyously Noelle said...

What a fun card with that cute frog!

Nancy said...

Love your design! Beautiful with a touch of whimsy!

Jacquie Southas said...

So many wonderful layers, patterns & textures that echo the inspiration photo! I adore fron & butterfly placement, Julia!

Birgit said...

Oh my, this is so adorable! I love that green frog. Perfect for this challenge. All your layers are just fabulous!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I Love your wonderful layout, not to mention that gorgeous green frog! Hugs.

Joyce said...

This is wonderful, Julia. That little frog has totally captured my heart.

Annette Allen said...

such a cute card..I love how you added the frog..

Marybeth said...

Hi, Julia! I love that you added that little frog and fussy cut him out! Loving every single layer and element on your beautiful card!

Cammie said...

Julia, love all the layers and the frog! A delightful card!

Kara said...

love it! love that little frog!

Redanne said...

I absolutely love that inspiration photo! Your card is a delight, the frog is so cute! Hugs, Anne xx

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Ack! That frog is perfect!

Betty Wright said...

This is super cute and fabulously done, Julia! Terrific card!

Mary Marsh said...

so pretty Julia-I really like your interpretation of the inspiration photo-awesome work

Sherrie M. said...

Great mix of layers and textures Julia! Nicely done!

Vikki H said...

Lucky you to have that adorable frog in your collection! Your card is a beautiful demo of patterns and texture!

Judi G said...

Such a beautiful and fun card! That frog is perfectly adorable!

Kay Miller said...

Oh such an adorable card!! That little frog just makes it! Love this!

Gina said...

Love this! Your frog!!! Oh so sweet!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Julia I love the patterns you used and that frog is so cute!

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

This is absolutely lovely. I love the soft tones and the pops of pink!

Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Leap Year challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Kristii said...

What a fabulous card! I love all the texture you created! So perfect in every way!

Pamellia said...

Wow, you totally nailed that inspiration photo Julia!! Love the textures in your background panels and how you layered everything together! hugs :)

Diana K said...

Love how you were inspired by the layers and textures. Beautiful greys, greens and pink. And the frog? Someone had to do it! :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! I had to go back and look at the inspiration photo -- I'd never even noticed the frog! I love how you added it to you card -- it's so charming!

Mona Pendleton said...

super cute card Julia! the butterfly is so pretty!

Kathy Mc said...

You really know how to layer things up, Julia, as this is beautiful. Next time I need to enlarge the inspiration photo because I missed so many details…but you didn't.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up, good luck!!! Amy DT

Deb said...

Great inspiration photo and love the card you created! Fabulous colours, love that green xo Love your new header too, I recognize your lovely journal page! Deb xo