Saturday, March 17, 2012

WMS Blog Party - St. Pat's/Irish/Green Theme!

Hi stampers!   Today I'm participating in the WMS Blog Party (held the 17th of each month!)

This month's theme is St. Pat's, Irish, or just green!  I decorated a pretty green treat bag for my project today.

 I used one of Claire's free digital Images - this pretty shamrock nosegay!  I actually printed it on Graphix Rub Onz paper, colored it and created my own rub on to decorate my felt scallop Nestability Circle!  The fun thing about a digital image is that you can size it to what your needs are.
I layered the felt scallop circle to a New Leaf card stock circle and attached them to a white paper doily that I glued to the front of my sweet little bag.  The bag is 5.5" x 5" and I got it from Pouch Mart. The sentiment is from Compact Sentiments  (I LOVE this new sentiment set!) and I punched it with a 1 3/4" circle.  I tied a raffia bow (from Pouch Mart) around the handle and then tied the sentiment around the bow with a piece of Honey Dew twine from The Twinery

I found this lovely Oxalis plant at the supermarket - a perfect back drop for my little bag.  The leaves look like giant shamrocks and there are beautiful little white flower clusters!

And here are two quick St. Patrick's Day cards I made using  Irish Blessings, a square Nestability and a shamrock die from Memory Box
 Here's what I stamped on the inside of this one:
 and here's the 2nd one - using the negative of the die cut shamrocks (waste not want not!)
 and here's the inside of this one!  The 'happy' is from the set Celtic Heritage all the other stampings are from Irish Blessings.


I hope you are joining us this month for the WMS Blog Party today -  here are the details from Lynn:

THE OFFICIAL THEME IS ST. PATRICK'S DAY/IRISH/GREEN. The choice is yours because we realize that not everyone gets as excited about St. Patrick's Day as we do. So if shamrocks and Celtic designs aren't your thing, just make something green! Please feel free to play off the green suggestion…green could be a color scheme or using something recycled.  Just remember to use your Waltzingmouse Images.
It will work pretty much as it did last month; you will have a 24 hour window in which to post your direct links to your projects using the Inlinkz tool that will be available to you right here on the 17th.

Below is the schedule of beginning and end times in which you can enter your direct link to your project.  Just find your general location and go from there.

UK - 6:30 p.m. 17th Mar- 6:30 p.m. 18th Mar
USA (New York) 1:30 p.m. 17th Mar- 1:30 p.m. 18th Mar
Australia (Queensland) - 4:30 a.m. 18th Mar- 4:30 a.m. 19th Mar
Canada (Alberta) - 11:30 a.m. 17th Mar- 11:30 a.m. 18th Mar
Malaysia - 2:30 a.m. 18th Mar- 2:30 a.m. 19th Mar
Norway - 7:30 p.m. 17th Mar- 7:30 p.m. 18th Mar

All the details and the link up are on the Waltzingmouse Blog -  show us your GREEN!!

Just for You bag:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Free Digital Image Shamrock Nosegay, sentiment from Compact Sentiments Set.
Paper:; Vintage Cream, New Leaf - PTI, Paper doily - Yellow Bicycle, Graphix Rub Onz Paper.
Ink:  Memento Cottage Ivy, Ranger Distress Bundled Sage.
Accessories:  Copics - G28, YG95, YR02, T6, YR07, 5.5 x 5 green bag and Raffia - Pouch Mart.com, 1 3/4" circle punch - SU, scallop circle and circle Nestabilities, Honey dew bakers twine - the Twinery, Cropadile.

32 comments:

Pauline said...

Julia, these cards and little bag are just wonderful! I love the cut out shamrock shape, and your cas design is perfect! Happy Partying!

Anonymous said...

Julia, Your bag is perfect! I love the bouquet of shamrocks! I keep forgeting about the digital images! Your CAS cards are great too - the litte touch of bling and embossing make them extra special!

Kelly S. said...

Oh love that awesome bag! Your gift treats are always so creative, Julia! I love how you colored it on the fabric, looks like a fancy decal from the store! Your shamrock cards are so sweet...especially the one with the rhinestones tucked in the negative piece. So purty! Happy St. Patrick's Day to you (between your projects and your blog banner, I feel like I really DID take a trip to Ireland today :))

Helen Berry said...

Wow Julia - its all fabulous!! My goodness - LOVE the treat bag you made. What a clever idea to print onto transfer paper - the image looks great on top of the felt. Lovely CAS shamrock cards - so cute!!

Marybeth said...

What a great creative gift bag! I love the CAS shamrock cards you made. Always l nice to see a bit of bling on a card.

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant idea! I don't know how you come up with all these wonderfully crafty ideas! The rub-on you made is amazing!!! I just love that little bag. Did you use Copics to color the image? Happy St. Pat's!

Lynn Mercurio said...

WOW, Julia - your have really pulled out all the stops with all of these amazing cards. Love your CAS creation best with the cascade of shamrocks. BRILLIANT!

Bumblebee said...

Love the tumbling shamrocks Julia, the square nestie embossed in the card is such a classy touch!

Cassie_lu said...

What a great treat bag and your CAS cards are stunning.

Riet said...

So gorgeous Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Unknown said...

Love the sweet bag and creative use of the lovely digi! Your cards are beautiful, too!

Mara Campbell said...

I love your gift bag!! So much fun, that cluster of clovers is great. And the next two cards are awesome. I like how you used both the positive and negative images. Hope you have a FUN day today!!

Renee said...

Julia love that fabby gift bag...
and how you attached it to felt...
I die!!
And those fabulous cards...
how have I missed a shamrock die...
I'm going looking for it...
because there's always next year! ;)

Mona Pendleton said...

What a beautiful tag and sentiment Julia! Gret job coloring that image and thanks for sharing the how to! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

JJ Bolton said...

Great projects Julia! I especially love your CAS card with the trio of shamrocks. And who knew you could make homemade rub-ons? Wow!

Lori said...

Love your festive treat bag--great idea to print the image on transfer paper!

Jan Garber said...

Great idea to use the rub on paper! Happy St. Pat's!

Kary said...

Such fabulous creations, Julia!! Amazed at all of them. Love the bag and CAS cards. Have a wonderful weekend!!

Joyce said...

The design on the bag is just so wonderful. And, I love those cards you made with the shamrock die. I'm not even Irish, and you are making me want that die.

scrappymo! said...

The rub on for the bag is great. I love the cards. Quick and clean and faitrly simple. I love the one with the reverse image and bling the best.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the scored border cards, CAS perfection.. but the rest are also fun, great use of negatives.

Nerina said...

I love your bag - it's pure green fun! But the second card took my breath away in a beautiful way - just so clean and CAS and perfect! All of the beautiful cards featuring Claire's shamrock bouquet had me heading over to download it - so pretty and Patrick's Day appropriate, thank you for your wonderful inspiration!

Super Jen said...

As much as I love your darling gift bag, I adore both of your CAS cards.

Cassi said...

love how your rub on on the felt turned out... what a neat idea!

Joan Ervin said...

All your St. Patty's Day projects are fabulous, Julia...the bag is so pretty with the awesome image and I love both cards...you do CAS beautifully!!!

Deborah Frings said...

Love the little bag and the cards are just super! I think my favourite card is the one with the negative shamrocks and gems - beautiful!

Cammie said...

Wonderful layered details on the bag and love the CAS cards. Thanks for the inspiration.

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the bright green treat bag and the touch of rafia is just perfect! Love your cards!

Deirdre said...

Love your green bag - fab creation.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous projects Julia, love the negative spaces of the shamrock, but your bag is terrific!! love that rub on idea!! Hugs!!

anya said...

Fantastic, Julia! The treat bag you created is outstanding - customized rub ons? So super cool! Love your CAS cards too - I'm such a fan of negative die-cut images.. love your shamrocks!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Sorry this is so late, trying to get caught up . . . I love your custom rub on, that is just too cool! And your cards are great!

Chris L.