Monday, March 19, 2012

Three Shoes

Are you a shoe lover?  (ok - I guess MOST women are right??! either that or handbags!!)  I've got 3 shoe projects to share with you today!

The first is a cute little flip flop card that I cut with my Silhouette machine (the template included the base and the thong part)   The flower is a punch by EK success and the 16 was cut with number dies from Papertrey Ink.  I embossed the base with Swiss Dots.  The SWEET sentiment is part of a stamp (Sweet Shoppe) from Candy Jar Christmas by Waltzingmouse (I just inked the sweet part!).  I cut two bases and adhered the pieces around the toe part so I could stamp a sentiment inside.  I scored the back piece about 1" in so it could fold open easily.  This card measures about 2 1/4" x 5" - but using the Silhouette I could have made it bigger (or smaller!)


My next card is ballet toe shoes!  I created this card for a co-worker who wanted a 30th birthday card for her niece.  The niece is a teacher but her passion is dancing. 

I looked high and low for a 3D ballet shoe template to no avail -  I finally came upon  Chantal's Stained Glass and she has this lovely colored image on her site.  I printed it 3 times, then cut out the right shoe once and the left shoe twice.  I cut slits with my craft knife and wove the ribbon in, wrapped it around and tied it.  Then I layered the shoes to the first printing with foam tape.  (the left shoe is 2 layers, the right shoe is one layer).  The 'I hope you dance' sentiment is from Rubbernecker and I stamped the name with Karen Foster alphabet stamps (no longer available)
This card is 5"x5" and instead of having it open -  I made an easel backing for it so it could be stood up and displayed.
And my final shoe is another  little flip flop - this time a box that I got at Michaels and painted with Scattered Straw Distress Crackle Paint.   The same co-worker's sister is turning 60 and in true baby boomer fashion - she is a flower child/hippie!   I found this perfect 'peace' patterened paper at Michaels.  The bright daisy is Prima.

I also made a tag to go along with the flip flop box.  I found the perfect sentiment for the flower child -  "You Make Everything Groovy'  by Verve (are you now humming Wild Thing??!! - you are if you are a baby booomer!!)  I added the big numbers (dies from PTI) and two punched butterflies.  I looped 3 colors of twine through the top.
Here you can see how I lined the cover and inside bottom of the box - I just traced the box and cut it a little smaller.  I think it adds a nice finishing touch.

I even covered the bottom of the box
You may remember I made a high heel shoe a month or so ago -  it was made for the same co-worker (another relative's 40th b'day)   you can see that shoe on my post here.

Ok - now let's all go shopping for some shoes!!!  are you with me!?!?!

Flip Flop Card:
Stamps - Sweet from Candy Jar Christmas Fillers: Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White, hibiscus burst, orange zest, simply Chartreuse - PTI
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  small oval punch - SU, flower punch - EK Success, rhinestones - Kaiser, Swiss Dot embossing folder - Provo Craft, number dies - PTI, foam tape, 1/4 hole punch - Fiskars, Silhouette Machine, flip flop template from Silhouette.

Toe Shoe Card:
Stamps:  Rubbernecker - Dance #563-03
Paper - white, black, melon berry, plum pudding - PTI
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories -  Clip art image from http://chantalstainedglass.50megs.com/2balletshoes1.html ,   Melon Berry Satin Ribbon - PTI, foam tape, small oval, circle and scallop circle punches - SU, numbers die - PTI

Flip Flop Box:
Stamps:  You make everything groovy from Feeling Groovy set by Verve Visual
Paper:  true black, orange zest, new leaf - PTI
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Spiced Marmelade
Accessories:  scalloped tag die - Spellbinders, Ranger Scattered Straw Distress paint,  flower - Prima Daisy Doodles, number die - PTI, cropadile, twine - the Twinery, glue dots


13 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Amazing Julia~
Great projects on all three...
love your creations!

Sue from Oregon said...

These are just so stinkin' cute Julia!!!

scrappymo! said...

These are all so cute...they will be wekll loved by the birthday girls!

Jodi Collins said...

These are cute cute and more CUTE!!! LOVE these Julia...pure fun!

Riet said...

What a beautiful creations Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anonymous said...

Oh how stinkin' Cute!! I love all of your fun shoe designs!! HUGS :)

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW!!! AMAZING projects - you are so creative and so talented! TFS wonderful ideas!

Elizabeth Cooper said...

I'm a huge shoe lover, and these are all wonderful projects! Love them!

Mona Pendleton said...

What fun projects Julia! Love the flip flop!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So cute!! I adore that box shoe -- you still rock at abc! :)

Mara Campbell said...

These are Awesome Julia!!! I love that first one, the flip flip is so cool. And the ballet shoes with the strings are great. And LOVE the last project!! So much fun, love the peace sign paper.

Joan Ervin said...

I'm speechless, Julia....I have to pick my jaw up from the keyboard!!!!Your shoes are soooo FABULOUS!!!!!! My oh my, you have been busy!!! Your little flip flop is adorable and perfect for any girl/woman and the ballet slippers are gorgeous!!! The flip flop box is my fave...I just know the birthday girl is going to love it, too1!!!

Annette Allen said...

oh my i can't believe that i missed this post...how fun and super creative...I just love your ideas....

your last message totally made me laugh...that is so true how we fall in love with stamps and just have to have them...I love to have a craft spending spree... Happy Shopping.