Friday, March 2, 2012

Mojo Sweet Blue Birthday!


I made this card for two challenges today -  The Free 4 All  over on Split Coast was to use mostly blue and flowers -  and the sketch is from Mojo Monday.

My sentiment is from one of the newly released sets from Waltzingmouse called Compact Sentiments.  The flowers are from a Stampin' Up punch and the Monarch Border die is from MFT.

I used my 1/4" hole punch for the black centers of the flowers - adding a silver pearl to each. One of the flowers is popped up on foam tape and I curled all the petals up a bit with my fingers.
 
 A short post for me today -  I've been home sick all week with a terrible cough and chest cold - which despite having seen the doctor and taking prescription and over-the-counter medicines - still seems to persist!

So I get up and do a little something -  then drop back into the reclining chair - I can't lie down in bed or I'll have coughing fits!   I hear this is going around a lot.   I can't remember ever being this sick with a cold.   

I'd appreciate your 'get well prayers"!!  

If you are looking for some fun weekend challenges don't forget about these:
 

Also later this month: 

on 3/10  Lynn will post the WMS March Christmas Card Challenge in the WMS forum
on 3/17  the WMS Blog Party -  see all the details here.  This months theme is St. Pats/Irish/Green

Happy Weekend everyone!

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Compact Sentiments
Paper:  White, True Black, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores - PTI
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories:  foam tape, 1/4" hole punch - Fiskars, 3 flower punch - SU, Monarch Border die - MFT, glue pen, silver pearls - Michaels

13 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Hey Julia
Love your card, such a sweet CAS card... Gorgeous...

Joan B said...

Love your card. the sentiment is larger than I thought. Hope your cough resolves. Sounds exactly like a cough my Mom has. Stay warm.

Sue from Oregon said...

so very pretty Julia!

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card Julia! Love the little flowers and the fun border!

Mara Campbell said...

Sending you lots of get well wishes, Julia! I hope you find some relief soon. The card is fabulous, I love the blue and that great border!

Bev J. said...

Praying you will be better soon. Like your pretty card. Take is easy!

Anonymous said...

Really gorgeous creation Julia! Love your punched border! :)

Karin Åkesdotter said...

This is so stylish and elegant! LOVE your card Julia!

Kelly S. said...

This sure is a cheery little number! I love the bright blue and fancy die border with the new sentiment. I hope you feel better, Julia! Maybe you should go to the doctor, because you don't want to end up with something ickier that a cold like bronchitis or something! (Look at me shaking my finger and getting all bossy, heee!) HUGS!

Peggy said...

Beautiful card in blue with the pretty little flowers! Sending you hugs and wishes for a faster recovery!

dpkennedy said...

Great bold cas card! Very nice Julia!

Pauline said...

Oh Julia, sounds like you got a real nasty cold virus there, hope it clears up soon!
Beautiful card, love the tree die cut, and the lace trim. A great interpretation of this challenge.

Pauline said...

Oops, my previous comment is for your next card lol! This is beautiful, love the deep blue card, and the wonderful die cut border!