Friday, March 30, 2012

Gay Paris, Gingerbread Men and an Egg!

Happy Friday my stamping friends!   I've got a busy weekend coming up -  Kent and I are going to a play tonight at the Lyric Stage Boston call The Tempermentals,  then out to eat at Not Your Average Joe's with my college roommate and her husband Saturday night -  and celebrating Palm Sunday at church on Sunday where our organist will be playing on our brand new organ (our very old organ died a slow death over the past several years!)

Today I'm sharing 3 cards I made for challenges this week over on Split Coast Stampers.

This card was for the Tuesday Teapot Challenge - where  the theme was Paris.  I also used the Sketch from last week.

My image stamps are  Rubbernecker from the Paris 1908 Set and the sentiment is from the Floral Silhouette set. The pretty papers are from Pink Paislee Vogue Collage Paper Pak.

My next card was made for the Clean and Simple Challenge where we had a lovely inspiration picture of pastel frosted cupcakes.


I used little gingerbread men and a sentiment from the Oven Fresh Gingerbread Joy set from Waltzingmouse instead of cupcakes, framing them with a line frame stamp from the Frame It set.  I used a Fabriano card that has a distressed edge and is textured almost like watercolor paper. 

And my final offering today was made for the Color Challenge -  to use Concord Crush, Elegant Eggplant and Melon Mambo (I substituted some colors here not having all of the SU ones - but that's allowed!)


This beautiful egg is from Nestie Eggs from Waltzingmouse and the papers are Pink Paislee Vogue Collage Paper Pack.

I'll be back on Sunday with my card for the Sunday Stampin Sisterhood challenge -  hope you'll check back then and join in on the challenge!

AND Jacquie has extended the deadline fo the stampin Sisterhood Mother's Day blog hop to tonight (Friday) at midnight EST.  So if you haven't hopped yet check it out here!  There are stamps to be won!  The winner will be announced Saturday at the Stampin' Sisterhood blog.

Happy Weekend everyone!

Eiffel Tower card:
Stamps: Rubbernecker - Paris 1908 #527, Embrace Your Dreams from Floral Silhouette Set #467

Paper: Vintage Cream, Smokey Shadow - PTI, DP Pink Paislee Vintage Vogue Collage Paper pak
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress - Antique Linen, Shabby Shutters, Milled Lavender, Tattered Rose
Accessories: Plum pudding saddle stitched ribbon - PTI, Gradient Jewels - Creative Charms, oval Nestabilities, foam tape

You're Yummy:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - gingerbread man and You're Yummy from Oven Fresh Gingerbread Joy, Frame from Frame It

Paper: Fabriano Card
Ink: Adirondack Lettuce, Mountain Rose & Lemonade, Archival Coffee


Easter Blessings:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Nestie Eggs

Paper: Berry Sorbet, white - PTI, Concord Crush - SU, DP Vintage Vogue collage paper pak - Pink Paislee
Ink: Versafine Imperial Purple, Ranger Distress Worn Lipstick
Accessories: purple cord - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop, tiny twinkles - Taylored Espressions, glue pen, foam tape, lace - Mark's Finest Papers, Nested Eggs Nestabilities

9 comments:

Annette Allen said...

what a great set of cards...I really love the first one...love the vintage look...that car is just way too cool..Happy Friday..

Mara Campbell said...

oooh, beautiful cards Julia!! I really love your clean and simple gingerbread card, the sentiment is perfect! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Jeanne J. said...

Julia, Three fab cards - I don't know how you get it all done. I love the Paris card with the diamonds in the background - I've been thinking about that for the WMS. This looks great (I knew they would). Enjoy the play and have a great weekend!

mskasav said...

Thank you for sharing your creativity. I enjoyed the color combinations and especially anything french :)

Deborah Frings said...

The coloured gingerbread kids are just darling!!! Love the gorgeous Easter egg too and the Paris card is stunning. You are on a roll.

Sounds like a good weekend - have fun!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fabulous collection of cards Julia! Lovin' all the Pink Paislee goodness here :) I love the Vintage car image on the first and your sweet CAS card is darling! Can't go wrong with a beautiful WM Easter egg :) Hope you have a great Spring weekend!

Mary Marsh said...

3 great cards Julia-love the card yo ucreated for the teapot challenge-great vintage look and layout-hope you have a wonderful weekend

talha said...

I like all these cards, specially the first one with a car looking very cute.

plastic cards
clear cards

Anonymous said...

You are so incredibly productive! And wow!wow!wow! the cards you produce. Julia, you are a talented lady!