Thursday, November 3, 2011

WMS November SoAP- Day 3 - Everything Christmas

Welcome to Day 3 of the Waltzingmouse Stamp of Approval Parade!

I went back to my Sturbridge Yankee Workshop Catalogue for my inspiration today.  This wooden wall hanging featuring a feather tree caught my eye.
The tree is exactly like the tree in the set, Sewing Box Christmas.
 If you look below (or have this set!) you will notice the tree stamp has bare branches -  but notice the little stamp that looks like one arm of a snowflake (or a chicken leg - LOL!?!)  It's to the left next to the little heart,  I stamped that on the bare branches to make my tree look like the feather tree!

Another CAS (clean and simple) folk art/homespun card (Kelly - do you like this one?!! Kelly's our resident folk art stamper on the DT!)

Now off we go to continue the parade at the blogs of the following Design Team members who are participating today!  Hope you'll have a chance to stop by tomorrow for our final parade!

Anya Schrier
Becca Feeken
Clare Buswell
Julia Aston - You're here!
Jennifer Holmes
Kate Whelan
Kelly Schirmer
Lynn Mercurio
Mona Pendleton
Sandie Dunne
Tosha Leyendekker
Claire Brennan (Owner)

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Sewing Box Christmas,  inside sentiment from Nutcracker Sweet.
Paper:  Rustic Cream - PTI, red metallic foil board - Grafix
Ink:  Ponderosa Pine - Close to My Heart, Pallette Hybrid Ink - L'Amore Red, Ranger Distress Wild Honey, Memento Potters clay.
Accessories:  tiny twinkles - Taylored Expressions, glue pen.

25 comments:

Pauline said...

Oh I love this simple homespun tree Julia, love the soft colours and it makes me want to run to my stamps and get this set out right now for some happy stamping! Lovely card!

Cassandra said...

Julia, in 3 days you have done the most gorgeous cards. I don't need to look any further for cards to case. Unfortunately there are more stamp sets I NEED.

Ellen Jarvis said...

LOL, love the "chicken leg" description of the twigs you added to the feather tree. Aren't they really the snowman's arms? You say potato, I say potahhhto. LOL. Beautiful card!

Fondly,
Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

Peggy said...

Fabulous card and idea Julia! I have this set and need to get it out and give it some stamping love!

Esther Asbury said...

I love the primitive country look of that stamp! Beautiful job!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh how darling Julia! Another amazing interpretation of an inspiration piece!

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a lovely home-spun card you have created, and it is SO close to your inspiration piece that I would think it's a duplicate. Love how you find inspiration from magazines...I do the same thing. I think I need to buy more home decorating magazines since I'm lacking in real inspiration lately. HA!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I adore this folksy tree, Julia! The simplicity of the design is so elegant! Great job!!

snowbear said...

Sweet little cards!

Jeanne J. said...

Julia, What a sweet card - I don't have this set and would have never seen that little branch - what a great idea! Your card is perfect!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Annette Allen said...

sweet cards..

Kelly S. said...

EEEK, Julia! You are finding the BEST inspiration photos for your projects, straight up my alley! I LOVE how you used the Sewing Box Christmas tree! Such an adorable card, perfect for mailing...I need to get going on this design...I would love to send these out :)!

anya said...

Spot on, Julia! I love this cute little tree and how you took your inspiration from a Christmas catalog. This is a great card!

Kelly S. said...

I went back to look again and saw my name, giggle...am I predictable or what? You know me toooo welllll! Hugs!

Carola said...

Julia, this is again a very pretty CAS card which I like very much. Great idea to stamp the "chicken leg" (lol) on the bare branches.

Kind regards
Carola

Renee said...

Julia...
this is simply stunning!
It looks just like the catalog...
exactly!!
And I LOVE it...
love, love, love!
That folkart, homespun look...
just love!

Anonymous said...

I'm all for the CAS look. Thanks for showing us how to make that tree.

Marcia Walthers said...

Didn't mean for my comment to be anonymous. I like the CAS look. Thanks for giving us more ideas.

Joanne (jojot) said...

a wonderful tradtional holiday card...so nicely done

Sharron said...

I love homespun and your tree is adorable! Whoever would have thought to use the snowman arm--very cool! It looks just like the inspiration photo--well not really--it is MUCH better!!

Mary Marsh said...

I love this card Julia-it reminds me of the type of cards I used to buy to send before my stamping days

Susan said...

What fun -- a real homespun feather tree. Well done!

Becca Feeken said...

Julia, this is precious! I love the CAS - you do it right girl!!

Deborah Frings said...

This is really super - a fabulous folksy feel to your card!