Monday, November 28, 2011

After the Break - 3 Cards to Share

Wow -  It seems like I haven't posted in ages -  life kind of took over for a little bit there with some church projects and getting ready for hosting Thanksgiving dinner  - but here I am to share a few cards with you today!

I made this first card for the CAS challenge over on Split Coast -  we had a sketch to follow of a square in the middle of the card with a tag.     I made mine really CAS - with no layers.  I used some Papertrey Ink stamp sets (Chairished and On my Couch) that I purchased quite some time ago but have not inked up much!  Don't know why because they are SO CUTE!!  I love the oval rug stamp under the rocker.   The frame around the images is from Frame It by Waltzingmouse.  Inside I stamped a happy birthday verse.
 My second card was made for the Color Challenge on Split Coast -  I was the host this week and chose the colors of Kraft, white and Pear Pizzazz with the dessert option of using polka dots!  The sentiment is from Teeny Trees by Waltzingmouse.
My third card was made for the Teapot Tuesday Challenge -   this week we had a magical Harry Potter Hat teapot for our inspiration.

Our cards are going postal to Hunter Renz (who loves Harry Potter)  for his 12th birthday on Dec 1st.  We hope to make this first b'day without his mum (fellow stamper Katie Renz) a little bit happier with all the cards he'll receive.

Here's Hunter's address if you'd like to send along a card as well:
Hunter Renz
PO Box 5913
Bellingham, WA 98227-5913

You Rock!
Stamps: Frame from Frame It - Waltzingmouse, rocker, sentiment, rug from Chairished set, hanging picture from On my Couch set - Papertrey Ink
Paper: white, hawaiian shores - PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Hawaiian Shores - PTi
Techniques: CAS

Get Well Soon:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Big Blooms Chrysanthemums, hugs from Teeny Trees
Paper: Kraft, white, Text Style Happy Spots - PTI, Pear Pizzaz - SU
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Shabby Shutters
Accessories: rhinestone - Kaiser, wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop, Swiss Dots embossing folder - Provo Craft, grommet tag - Spellbinders, foam tape   

Harry Potter:
Stamps: Happy Birthday and 12 from Free Spirit Sentiments set - Waltzingmouse, Harry Potter from Trade Mark Harry Potter set - Barnes & Noble, alphabet snap stamps - Karen Fisher (no longer available)
Paper: white, true black, plum pudding - PTI
Ink: versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: foam tape, square Nestability, pinking circle nestability, 1" circle punch - EK success, small oval punch - SU, Copics: BOO, B37, B41, E00, E37, R20, Y02, sticky stars - Amuse
  

5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

your cards are always amazing... I so enjoy your post...

Jodi Collins said...

These are FABULOUS Julia! LOVE the chair card!!

Velta said...

I posted a comment and then lost it..glad to see your Thanksgiving was a good one...I especially love the card you made for sending with Harry Potter...How thoughtful you are!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Joan Ervin said...

What fabulous CAS designs, Julia...such awesome details on all three!!!!