Tuesday, November 1, 2011

WMS November SoAP Day 1 - Everything Christmas

Welcome to the first day of the Waltzingmouse Stamp of Approval Parade (SoAP)!   As you may remember, the months Claire doesn't release new stamps - the Design Team has a 4 day parade using sets from past releases.  This month the theme is Christmas/Holiday.

I don't know about you -  but around this time each year my mail box starts filling up with all kinds of catalogues (maybe because I ORDER so much??!!)  Anyway -  I was looking through the latest Sturbridge Yankee Workshop catalogue and found some terrific inspiration for my parade cards!

Here is the first item that inspired me:  It's a wooden sign hand made in Wisconsin out of white pine and it's screen printed (10" x 6.5")
And here is my inspired card -  using vintage cream paper, the tree (Santa's boot print) from Secret Santa (you'll need the password  ibelieveinsanta  to see this secret set!)and the sentiment from Santa's Coming to Town.  Inside I stamped Merry Christmas from Secret Santa
I layered the image panel to a piece of gold metallic card stock to give it a little festive framing.  And how easy is this to duplicate!!?? - no coloring, no ribbons, clean and simple - and still pretty!

Then I thought the St. Nicholas Nutcracker would look just as lovely with this CAS design and created my second card!  Sometimes I just don't feel like coloring, but I want to use a certain image -  and see how lovely he looks just stamped, the detail is so wonderful on this - no coloring is needed!  For St. Nick I used blue metallic card stock as a framing and stamped the image on white paper.
Now I hope you'll follow the parade with the following Design Team members who are participating today!

Anya Schrier
Becca Feeken
Julia Aston You.re here!
Jennifer Holmes
Kelly Schirmer
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Mona Pendleton
Sandie Dunne
Tosha Leyendekker
Claire Brennan (Owner)

December 25th:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - tree from Secret Santa Set, December 25th from Santa's Coming to Town, Merry Christmas (inside) from Secret Santa
Paper:  vintage Cream - PTI, metallic gold - Mark's Finest Papers
Ink:  Ponderosa Pine - Close to My Heart

St. Nicholas:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Nutcracker Sweet
Paper:  White - PTI, metalic blue foil board - Grafix
Ink: Versafine majestic blue

20 comments:

Ria`s Winkeltje said...

What a particulair tree, its a nice card. Thanks for sharing

Sandie said...

Great cards, love the CAS design of both. Love what you've done with the footprint tree. xx

Kelly S. said...

Oh those are so sharp, Julia! I just love the design and they are perfectly stamped. How do your CAS designs always turn out, well....smudgeless? HEE! Awesome inspiration for Christmas cards this year!

Helen Berry said...

Wow, Julia these are simply stunning. I think the tree is my favourite - great way to find inspiration for Christmas. Thanks for sharing x x

Annette Allen said...

these are so amazing..love them

Lynn Mercurio said...

Fabulous CAS designs that really pack a punch. Love the striking blue color for your St. Nick card. I've been wanting to do a blue holiday card, but have yet to tear myself away from the traditional colors...sigh.

Deborah Frings said...

Clean, simple and stunning! I think both these cards are lovely. The Christmas tree boot is such fun and St Nick - lovely!

Riet said...

So beautiful cards Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely CAS designs my dear!! Love the images!! :)

Becca Feeken said...

Beautifully done, love your CAS style!

Francie G. said...

Fabulous CAS Christmas creations, Julia!

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply beautiful Julia! Great take on the inspiration!

Bev J. said...

Like your cards-great inspiration.

snowbear said...

Very ice cards.

Renee said...

I'm behind...can you tell?
*giggle*
Two more simply stunning cards Julia...
I love them!
Easy to mass produce...
mail...
everything needed in a card this time of year...
they're so perfect!

Sharron said...

Both are so beautifully done! Love the CAS designs. The footprint tree is a such great focal point--looks wonderful and is so cool!

Pauline said...

Two beautifully CAS cards, such beautiful images that they work perfectly on their own!

anya said...

Julia, you are truly doing an outstanding job with the CAS cards! These are both great designs and would be the perfect holiday card!

Carola said...

Julia, I very much like your CAS cards, they all look elegant and festive. I especially like the card with the St. Nicholas Nutcracker. I also have that stamp, but have never used it before because I thought it would be too much "work" to color it. But now I see that there is another possibility and I hope it's okay for you if I once also try such a card like yours.

Kind regards
Carola

Cassandra said...

I don't need to look any further for my CASE card, St Nick won me over on Day 1. Mind you, the Nordic red and white has me tempted as well. Great job Julia.