Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sisterhood Sundays - There's a New Challenge in Town!

 I made this card for the very first Rubbernecker "Sisterhood Sundays" challenge!   Every Sunday there will be a new challenge and we hope you will check it out and join in!

You will find all the challenge information on the Rubbernecker Blog, including info on prizes you could win! 

This week the challenge is a photo inspiration challenge - and this is the card I created.
Well - it's actually an ornament tag!    I used my 2011 Heirloom Ornament dies to cut the metallic card stock and pretty red ornament patterned paper.  I embossed the 'Merry Christmas' sentiment in silver then die cut it with a Spellbinders Ribbon Banner, sponging it with Barn Door Distress ink before removing it from the die.  Then I just punched a hole at the top of the ornament and looped through this pretty silver cord (it's called silver cloisonne thread - I found it in a box of ribbon that I 'inherited' from my dear MIL).

I was SO inspired by the photo this week -  that I also made a card:
I love this pretty framed evergreen branch.  I embossed it with an embossing powder called Christmas Tree -  it's green with little flecks of shiny red so it really sparkles IRL - I think you can see the red flecks but the glitter doesn't show in the pic :(    I embossed a square Nestability on the card and adhered the image inside the frame with foam tape.   I sponged the edges of the image with Ranger Antique Linen.  I used the same Merry Christmas sentiment (my favorite can you tell?!) here that I used on my tag above but I just stamped it in black on the card.

So we hope you will join the Stampin' Sisterhood Design Team by creating an inspired project and linking it over at the Rubbernecker blog!   And don't forget to check out the new challenge EVERY Sunday!

Ornament Tag:
Stamps:  Rubbernecker - Merry Christmas #387-10
Paper:  Metallic Red - Grafix, Pure Poppy - PTI, DP Die Cuts With a View (DCWV) The Christmas Stack.
Ink:  Versamark, Ranger Distress Barn Door
Accessories:  Silver cloisonne thread - Elsa Williams Needlecraft, foam tape, ribbon banners - Spellbinders, 2011 Heirloom Ornaments - Nestabilities.

Evergreen Card:
Stamps:  Rubbernecker - Evergreen Block #1574 SO
Paper:  Pure Poppy, White - PTI
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Ranger Distress Antique Linen
Accessories:  Foam tape, square Nestability, Embossing Powder - Christmas Tree/Antiquities - Joanne's, hot gun.

14 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Both beautiful! Love the sparkle!

Francie G. said...

Love the ornament, Julia, so much like the inspiration piece! Lovely pine bough creation! Fabulous!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Both creations are beautiful, Julia!

Joan Ervin said...

Such beautiful creations, Julia....the ornament is sooo gorgeous and I love the sparkly pine bough!!!

Basslady said...

wonderful inspirations for christmas cards!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Bev Gerard said...

Love that ornament ... the metallic paper is perfect! And such a cool pine card ... that embossing is so beautiful!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Absolutely WONDERFUL super cool ornament tag and the card - I LOVE it - it's the PERFECT Christmas card so beautiful and elegant!!

Annette Allen said...

beautiful...

Elizabeth Cooper said...

These are both so lovely! The sparkly pine is stunning, and so perfect for a holiday card!

Riet said...

So beautiful Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I adore the font on that Merry Christmas sentiment! Great job with the ornament (I love that ornament paper!) and that evergreen bough is so pretty!

velta said...

Both of these projects are great Julia! Love the ornament tag...What a great idea!!! The embossing on the card is striking! TFS!!

Judy Rozema said...

These are both gorgeous, my friend! I love the ornament shape and glossy look, and the pine bough is just so neat all sparkly!

Kecia said...

I love both of your creations, Julia! The ornament would look lovely on a tree..the metallic paper would sparkle so pretty. And, the card is just a classic.