Monday, November 7, 2011

God Please Bless Katie


I am deeply saddened to post this note from Kate from I {heart} Papers, who sponsored the Keep Swimming fund raiser for our stamping friend Katie Renz who passed away this morning after her year long most courageous battle with stage 4 stomach cancer.  Many of us participated in the Swimming for Katie blog hops.

This was Kate's e-mail today:

Dear Swimmers,


It is with a very heavy heart that I write to you to let you know that Katie has passed. Early this morning at 5:10am PST she passed peacefully in her sleep, surrounded by her family until the very end.


Please take a moment to update your followers and blog readers with this news. We had such an overwhelming support for the Swimming for Katie hop and fundraiser and I know they would want to know this news. The donation link is still live, as is the static page with the fundraising items for sale. All the information is HERE. So, if people feel so moved, they still have the opportunity to purchase or donate.


Sympathy cards can be sent to:

The Renz Family
PO Box 5913
Bellingham, WA 98227-5913


Also, in case you're interested, the twins, Nate and Will, will be turning 6 on Nov. 19th and Hunter will be 12 on Dec. 1. It would be wonderful if we could shower them with cards for their special day, just like their mom would do. Kevin's birthday is November 17.


I am at a loss for any other words other than thanking you from the bottom of my heart.


Thank you.
With deep sadness...
Kate
i {heart} papers, LLC


Katie -  I know you are now pain free with a new healthy body resting in the arms of God so my prayers are now for those left behind -  Nate, Will, Hunter and Kevin as they adjust to a life without you, their beloved mother and wife -  and our dear friend. 

Here are two pictures Katie's husband Kevin posted on her blog the other day.  They are of Katie with her boys.



Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Text It, Asian Garden Additions, Very Vintage Labels No. 10

Paper: River Rock, Basic Gray - SU, White - PTI
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Antique Linen
Accessories: Labels 10 and square Nestabilities, foam tape, gem - Michaels.

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

I just read about Katie and I'm so very sad...I've tried to explain the connection I felt {like other paper crafters and bloggers} with Katie to non paper crafters and bloggers and they just didn't get it...

A Consuming Passion said...

It's a sad day indeed......poor Katie didn't get her miracle even with so many 'friends' wishing it for her! My heart goes out to her 'boys' as they face the start of the next part of this journey. Rest peacefully Katie x

i {heart} papers said...

Thanks for posting!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Julia,
I've been caught up in my own world - I just learned of Katie's passing. Your card is beautiful and Thank You for posting about the boys birthdays and where we can send our paper-hugs.