Monday, March 21, 2011

Say Hello to the Craft's Meow!

My good friend and former fellow WMS design team member, Lisa Hjulberg, is opening her very own Stamping Web Store today-  it's called The Crafts Meow Shop.  And I am thrilled to be showing  you a few cards I made using several of her wonderful new stamps!
This darling little girl is Frieda (named after Lisa's mother!) and this particular stamp is Little Frieda's Daisy. Since I'm not a terrific colorer -  I paper pieced her dress and hat, then used Copics to color the hat ribbon, the flower, her skin, hair, socks and shoes!  The daisy is a McGill punch that I layered and put a yellow circle and stickles in the center.

I used the sketch from this weeks Get Sketchy challenge and this also qualifies for the Stamp Something Challenge - to stamp something sweet - I think this little Frieda is pretty sweet don't you?! And the CRAFT challenge is to paper piece!
 
The stamps I used on the cards below were designed especially for Lisa by Claire over at Waltzingmouse.  Lisa is putting together card kits that will include stamps, patterned papers, brads and chipboard shapes.

This star and sentiment will be in one of the kits.  I embossed the Nestability square on the card, stamped the star on a scrap of white, cut it out and adhered it inside the square using foam tape.  I stamped the sentiment on the card and added little star gems on the star and sentiments to finish it off!  Very clean and simple!

Another set in her kits is this lovely butterly and pretty vine sentiment.  This time I dry embossed a Nestability rectangle and stamped the sentiment inside.  Then I stamped the butterfly in 3 different colors, cut them out and adhered them around the frame with glue dots.  I added tiny green gems to the vine and on the butterflies.
My final card was made for the Featured Stamper challenge over on Split Coast yesterday using the same stamps as above.

I chose Mary Beth's Halloween Sunset card to CASE. I love masking and sponging so her card really spoke to me!   I changed the colors and stamps used - having a butterfly instead of bats flying across the moon and I added a sentiment.

I punched a circle in a piece of Eclipse tape, sponged the moon, took off the mask, placed the circle piece I had punched, over the moon and sponged the rest of the card. Then I stamped my butterfly and sentiment in black ink, added tiny gems and the wrinkled seam tape!
I hope you will check out Lisa's new shop to see all the goodies she has to offer and check out The Crafts Meow blog too - you'll find a whole list of people showcasing her wonderful stamps today!
thanks SO much for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you think of Lisa's new stamps!
He Love Me....
Stamps:  The Crafts Meow - Little Frieda's Daisy
Paper:  White, Pure Poppy -PTI,  DP October Afternoon Modern Homemaker
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Giant Daisy Punch - McGill, 1/4" hole punch, Copics - E02, E31, E35, E51, YR23, R20, BG32, BG10, R14, Corner Rounder - Zutter, Crystal Ice Stickles, foam tape

You've Got Star Quality!
Stamps:  The Crafts Meow
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Weathered Wood
Accessories:  Foam tape, square Nestability, Star Gems - Amuse

Friend of Mine Frame
Stamps:  The Crafts Meow
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Tattered Rose, Bundled Sage, Antique Linen, Scattered straw.
Accessories:  Rectangle Nestability, Tiny Gems - Taylored Expressions, glue dots.

Butterfly Across the Moon
Stamps: The Crafts Meow
Paper: vintage cream, simply chartreuse - PTI, basic black - SU
Ink: Versafine Onyx black, Ranger Distress Shabby Shutters, Wild Honey, mustard seed, weathered wood
Accessories: wrinkled seam tape, Eclipse Tape for masking, 1 3/4" circle punch - SU, blending tool and non stick craft mat - Ranger

28 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Wow some great new stuff! I love your cards! My favorite is the framed butterfly one. They are all gorgeous!

Jennifer Scull said...

these are all fabulous! but the little Frieda with the brill paper piecing is my fave. :)

Laurel said...

Fabulous cards, love the one for Get Sketchy!

Unknown said...

oooooh gorgeous Julia!!!!

B said...

So lovely Julia!

shelly said...

wonderful cards!

Auntie Em said...

Your cards are all so amazing! I love the little girl with her pieced dress and the pretty ones with the butterflies and trims are all so lovely.
Thank you so much for sharing! :)

Unknown said...

Oh you did paper piecing too, how fab is that! And all of them look wonderful.

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Juliet! What a fabulous collection of cards! I love the paper pieced dress and the butterflies fluttering about!

Unknown said...

Wonderful cards!

Amy said...

These are all so wonderful! Love the paper pieceing on Frieda and that daisy is so cool! The sentiment cards are so elegant and beautiful, your work is beautiful!

Cindy Haffner said...

All so PRETTY!!~

Alice said...

wow! these are amazing, Julia!! amazing cards! love them all!

Grace said...

WOW Julia!!! You really got a lot of samples done!!! They are ALL fabulous!!! LOVE little Frieda and your paper piecing really is fabulous! Love all your other layouts!!! Fantastic!!!

PapierGirl said...

Isn't she sweet! I love her paper you chose for her hat and dress - just darling! Thanks for joining us this week at GS! :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your adorable paper-pieced gal! Both CAS cards are lovely in their simplicity, but my fave is the masking with gorgeous coloring of the last card! So pretty!

Debbie Pamment said...

Fantastic projects - I just can't pick a fave - they are all gorgeous!
xXx

Peggy said...

Fabulous cards Julia!

Becky said...

Fabulous cards, love the paper piecing on the first one.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful creations, Becky! Little Frieda is precious.

Riet said...

Wowwww Julia,what a gorgeous cards.

Hugs Riet.xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Good luck to your friend! That pp card is ADORABLE! Who needs to color with cute paper like you used! Naturally, I loved the CAS Star card - awesome stuff Miss Julia!!

Gem said...

all gorgeous creations Julia! Thanks for playing along with our Paper Piecing at CRAFT this week! Gemma :)

Kristine said...

Beautiful on all accounts Julia!! =) Love them all. Lisa will do well I thing... so much cute stuff!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

OMGosh Julia, you are a STAR!!! I adore every single card... wow wow wow!!! Little Frieda is perfect for paper piecing, and that's some of my favorite paper. And your three cards made with Claire's images are so gorgeous! I love the sweet simplicity of the first, the soft vintage look of the second, and the terrific sponged effect of the third! Thank you thank you thank you for your friendship and support! It means the world to me!

Hugs,
Lisa

Paddington fan said...

This is so cute, love the papers! Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this time for our paper piecing challenge and good luck, hugs Jacky x

LaurieJ said...

Beautiful cards, Julia! I especially like the butterflies and the gorgeous vine sentiment.

Pauline said...

Beautiful Julia, love those stamps of Claires, you've made a fab job with them! Love the sentiment, and the little Frieda is too cute!