Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Christmas in March

I know, I know - we are really getting ready for Spring, Easter Eggs , Daffodils and SUNSHINE!!!

But Lynn has posted the March WMS Christmas Card Challenge over in the Waltzingmouse Forum - this month the challenge is to make 3 identical cards using kraft, white and red.

I pulled out the wonderful Festive Foliage stamp set to make my cards this month. I just love this pine bough with the pretty pine cones. Doesn't it look great embossed in white on the red??!! I'm trying to create pretty but CAS (clean and simple) designs this year - 1) so they are easy to duplicate and 2) so they don't cost extra postage when mailing!

So I kept the layers to a minimum, didn't pop anything up on foam tape and just added twine rather than some thicker bling!

My Merry Christmas sentiment is from the Season's of Love-Tags set.

You can read all about the monthly Christmas Card Challenges here on the WMS blog and here in the WMS forum in the Playroom. New challenges are posted on the 10th of each month!
Come join in the fun and get your Christmas cards done early this year while your at it!

Hot Tip:   Need some new rubbah??!! check out Rubbernecker Stamps this weekend (Fri 3/25, Sat 3/26 &; Sun 3/27) -  Dave is having a special sale -  for every $25 purchased in stamps you get 2 free stamps  (usually you get 1 free stamp with each $25 stamp purchase) 

Oh - and if you have a minute -  check out my Peanut's Cards over at the PSA Stamp Camp today!  Here's one of them!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Festive Foliage, Merry Christmas from Seasons of Love - Tags.
Paper: Craft - Gina K, White & Pure Poppy - PTI
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark.
Accessories: Twine - PTI, white EP, hot gun, corner rounder - Zutter.

11 comments:

Peggy said...

Very pretty CAS holiday card! That is my goal too with my cards this year!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Julia!! These are just gorgeous CAS designs!! Love the baker's twine!! HUGS

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the crisp, clean design. Your image looks fantastic stamp in white on red. Beautiful work with such a fresh look.

Anonymous said...

Goodmorning Julia...what a simple graphic bright fun card. Perfect for any season just by using a different image. TFS your talent....
http://butternutsagedesigns.blogspot.com/2011/03/springtime-galoshes.html

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Crystal said...

These are FANTASTIC Julia, I SOOOO LOVE the scoring on your second creation!!!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Beautiful!! This card is a wonderful design - very festive and, yes, mailable! LOVE it! I don't know if I'll actually make cards this year (first year in about 10 years if I don't) but I'm sure I"ll be back to stamping by 2012. I'm saving this beautiful idea since I also have that fabulous WMS stamp set! Thank you!!!
Hugs!

Pauline said...

Two fabulous card designs , but oh how I loved Snoopy when I was little! It took me back! Lovely cards xx

Janine said...

Way to go... Get started early on those Christmas cards!!

Deborah Frings said...

Great cards - both of them! I really like your clean and simple Christmas cards - I love the pinecone design - it really is versatile.

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty collection of Christmas cards Julia! The white embossed image looks fabulous and I love the cute Peanuts one :)