Saturday, March 5, 2011

Saturday Waltzingmouse Sketch - Back in the Saddle

Welcome once again dear friends, to the Saturday Waltzingmouse Sketch! How fun is this to play with??!!


I just couldn't put down the new western stamp sets after working with them for the sneak peeks! Don't you just LOVE this blanket background stamp! Mwahh- it stamps so nicely!!! It's from Way Out West and the funky cowboy get well sentiment is from Back In the Saddle.

I sponged the edges of the card and the sentiment with Scattered Straw Ranger Distress Ink and layered the sentiment on Lacey and Eyelet Square Nestabilities.

To top it off - I added 3 little purple gems for a little sparkle!

Now go check out the WMS Sketch Blog and get inspired by the cards the Mischief Makers and other DT members have created using this week's sketch.

Then make your own card using the sketch and link it on the Sketch Blog by Thursday 3/10/11 at 11:59 pm EST - you could be chosen Top Mouse !!

Winners are announced each Saturday along with the new sketch challenge. And every week one lucky entry will win a free WMS stamp set of choice!! whoo hoo!
Kent and I are off to the Melrose Symphony tonight - hope you have some fun plans too?!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Back in the Saddle, Way Out West
Paper: Rustic Cream, Terracotta Tile - PTI, Elegant Eggplant - SU
Ink: Memento Rhubarb Stalk, Ranger Distress Scattered Straw
Accessories: Gems - Creative Charms, Lacey & Eyelet Squares Nestabilities, foam tape.

16 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Love the colors you used here, Julia! They work so very well with the layers!!! Really lovely!
Hugs, Wendy

Crystal said...

WOW Julia AWESOME colors girl!! This is a GREAT design!!! Beautiful work as always sweetie!! HAve a GREAT weekend!

Vicki Dutcher said...

That bg is just perfect with this western card!

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, Julia! I love the stamped background, your layering and color choices.
Hugs and smiles

Lynn Mercurio said...

I love this Julia. Your background paper looks delicious with your layers. Awesomely creative.

Mara Campbell said...

Fabulous!! I love the scalloped squares and all the layers and what a fun stamp you used!!

dpkennedy said...

Wow, I thought that was patterned paper! Love this card Julia!

Alice said...

this is so cool, Julia! love the stamped background. beautiful card!

Janine said...

This is just the greatest card Julia!!

Betty Wright said...

Fabulous blend of colors and patterns, Julia! I might have to play this sketch....I see LAYERS! LOL! Fabulous card!

velta said...

Hello Julia ~ I love this western stamp! The layers are awesome...I browsed through some of your earlier creations and I have to say that you have such a variety of talent...no two cards are ever alike...wish I had that talent! Hope you and yours are doing well :)

Clare said...

Brilliant background stamping, love the colors, great card!!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Julia- that paper is so perfect for your sentiment/image! Love it!

Mary Marsh said...

I love this card julia-great image and the layers you created are awesome-have to give this sketch a try

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love the deep blues and reds you used on this card -very southwestern feel to it! I can't wait to get my new stamps to play!

Peggy said...

Gorgeous sketch card!