Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Perfect Cat

Confused by the title and the image?!!

I combined both Monday Split Coast challenges in my card today. The CAS challenge was to use humor - the Try a New Techinque challenge was to use a different shape for your card.

I found this cute little scottie dog template in Papercrafts Magazine on line. Isn't he just adorable?!

I cut the dog out of a textured Bazzill paper, added his little jacket, stamped the sentiment, cut it out and tied a bow around his neck!
The sentiment is from Rubbernecker.

I used to be just a dog person - we had a sweet cocker-springer spaniel mix dog growing up and later I had the most wonderful great dane, but years later someone gave me a little homeless kitty and I became a cat lover too.

Now we have two beautiful Russian Blue cats who are sisters, named Scout and Boo. I have to say, they are a lot easier to take care of than a dog......

Scout always sits with me when I stamp - so I had to explain to her that I really didn't mean what I stamped on the card ....... LOL!!

This sweet little pup will fit in a regular size envelope in case you're wondering!

Stamps: Rubbernecker - The Perfect Cat is a dog #77-11
Paper: Black tie Bazzill Basics, More Mustard - SU, DP OCtober Afternoon/Modern Homemaker Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: wrinkled seam tape - http://www.prairiebirdboutique.etsy.com%20shop/, brad - Imaginesce, template from PaperCrafts Magazine

17 comments:

Mary Duffek said...

Adorable and sweet...super fab card!

Esther Asbury said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! I love the saying -- gonna have to use his little card idea sometime!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Julia, this is so stinkin' CUTE!! HUGS

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this Julia!!!

LaurieJ said...

So can I assume you are a fan of "To Kill a Mockingbird"? One of the greatest books ever. A book, a cat (or two or three), and a cup of hot chocolate equals the perfect afternoon (when I'm not card making,that is).

Your card is super cute! Love the plaid jacket. And the sentiment, lol,........glad to hear you didn't mean it.

anya said...

Hah! This is so cute!! What a super shaped card, Julia!!

Crystal said...

Oh my word thsi is the CUTEST Julia!!!! Totally ADORABLE!!

Mona Pendleton said...

So cute Julia! I have to agree the perfect cat IS a dog x 2 :) Your sweet template looks like my Westies if only it were white :)

Lynn Mercurio said...

OMGosh...this is FABULOUS. Love this sentiment, as I'm more of a dog person than a cat woman. Great job.

Pauline said...

This is such a fab fun card, love that scottie dog shape!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Outstanding!~

Monique said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monique said...

This is seriously cute cute Julia :)..Love it!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Julia, you nailed both challenges! What a creative and fun card. You always come up with the best ideas!

Wendy ten Hove said...

This is so lovely! What a fabulous shape! Yep, it's truly a perfect cat that you made here!! ;-)
Hugs, Wendy

Peggy said...

TeeHee! Love the title and your card is absolutely adorable!

Niki Estes said...

What a cute card! I love the shape!